I will make a way in the wilderness.

Posted by appolus on August 4, 2015

river in desertIsa 43:19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

A desert is a place of thirst and hunger. Can I suggest that Christendom finds itself caught up in a great desert? There is starvation and people are dying because they have no living waters. The desert is a place of death. It is without form and the shifting sands that are at the mercy of the wind simply gather where the wind blows it. The very landscape is shaped by the direction of the winds. This landscape is inhabited by jackals and scorpions and snakes. Without water, everything dies in the desert. In this desert it is every man for himself and each man is a law unto himself, he is lawless.

There is another kind of wilderness desert. It is the desert that the Lord calls us into. Prior to Jesus’ ministry, he is called away from his life and into the desert. In this place He fleshes out fully depending upon His Father. He suffers from hunger and thirst and He is tempted time and time again. In a sense, this was the Lord’s baptism of fire. He was there for forty days. Moses spent forty years in the desert. The children of Israel later spent forty years in their own desert prior to entering the promised land. There is a spiritual principle at work here. Moses had to learn to die to his own ways before he encountered the burning bush. He then fully enters into his ministry. The children of Israel only enter into the promised land after forty years of desert. Jesus ministry begins after a symbolic 40 days in the wilderness.

I write this to my brothers and sisters who are in their own wilderness. I consider most of the Body of Christ to be in the wilderness right now. I want you to consider what the Lord is preparing for you. You see, in a real desert the only thing that matters is life itself and what gives life. Water. It must be found. It must be sought out. It’s importance must be fully appreciated. Trivial matters do no exist in the desert. The entire focus is upon that which gives life. This kind of preparation is vital because of the darkness which even now approaches. The greatest storm of evil ever known is already gathering strength and it is taking direct aim at the Body of Christ.

When the Body of Christ emerge out of this desert by the power of the Spirit of God, they will be prepared for ministry for such a time as His coming back. Every Christian that emerges from the desert has and will discover that it is He and He alone that sustains them. When everything was stripped away, they discovered a source of water, the fountain of life, the river that makes glad and they discovered it where no water should exist. Now they have an inexhaustible supply, they always had it but now they know it. They are now equipped to follow in the footsteps of the prophet who walked out of his own desert and pronounced “Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.” The Body of Christ is being prepared to come out of the desert and into the teeth of the storm pronouncing ” Behold the Lion of Judah comes.” Stand fast brothers and sisters, there is a purpose in your suffering and it will soon be revealed.

8 Responses to “I will make a way in the wilderness.”

1. Viviana said

“Stand fast brothers and sisters, there is a purpose in your suffering and it will soon be revealed”.
    It seems like is getting harder in a daily basis, in every posible way, from every direction.
    Thank you brother.

I believe it is getting more difficult every day and the days ahead are undoubtedly dark ones. We are instructed to put on the full armor of God that we may stand in that evil day. The saints will stand sister, God bless you…………bro Frank

2. Becky Johnson said

Lovely! Just lovely! I know so many! Oh so many!

3. Larry said

Sometimes the wilderness is very hard. I have severe head/neck pain which interferes with my ability to pray and fellowship with my heavenly Fiancé, my Ishi (see Hosea 2:16, 19-20). Here there is no church worth going to, and no home groups that I am aware of. And there is one very powerful charismatic church here, teaching heresies, that has infiltrated many other churches in this town and around the world. Even the music used in many churches is mixed with demonic music.
    Each of us who love Him with everything we have has individual unique wildernesses. And each of us must fight the spiritual battles to overcome. Sometimes they are very difficult, especially when the Beloved hides His face. Thank you for your encouraging words!

God bless you Larry. We are living in difficult times and in the midst of the great falling away. Chronic pain is very difficult to deal with. I can relate to head and neck pain. I have two bulging discs in my neck and one in my lower back along with degenerative disc disease and sciatica. I pray that God will touch you brother and relief you of your pain. I pray that God would allow you to sleep soundly tonight and encourage you in your walk. I pray that you will find at least one other brother locally that you can fellowship with. My prayers are with you brother………….bro Frank

I agree Larry, it can be very difficult when God seems to hide His face, yet right there in the midst of that there is a faith that surpasses all of our experiences. Sometimes it just boils down to praising God because He is God, trusting God when everything seems to be falling apart, there is where true faith is born in the midst of the furnace and in the mouth of the lions den or in a desert that stretches on with no end in sight. Endurance if highly favored of God. It shuts the mouth of the enemy whose accusation against God was basically these folks only worship you for what they can get out of you…………..bro Frank

4. Just stay focus on him no matter what are the trials comes in our lives, because we came here on earth nothing and we will go back to the side of our father nothing as well. You o I god will make a way means all your circumstances happened in your life god make way you back with him, your trust with him, your faith, your hope and love for him.