9 Warning signs your pastor is trying to build his own kingdom

Posted by appolus on March 14, 2015

Great article on the signs of those building their own kingdoms. Beware! Here is #2 of the nine, read the other signs by clicking the link below…………..

2) Family members seem to fill key church job openingsindex

I was reluctant to include this one as I know MANY great churches with family members serving together in gifted capacities…but I also know that nepotism is a rampant problem within the Body of Christ and so I need to include it. Hey, what pastor doesn’t want their wife, son, daughter, husband, aunt, uncle, nephew or niece ministering beside them? I have two sons who I would love to see with me in some capacity some day. I get it.. But when church positions seem to come quicker and with higher pay and perks for family members, things have gone off the rails a bit.

– See more at: http://www.stevehackman.net/9-warning-signs-your-pastor-may-be-building-his-own-kingdom/#sthash.3R6OdRuu.dpuf

6 Responses to “9 Warning signs your pastor is trying to build his own kingdom”

1. arm5 said

This is so true in some churches.

2. amongtheforgotten said

I agree with the article, but I wouldn’t limit it to the few things Steve mentions. He himself is a “pastor” and maybe still is in a church, which makes him part of the problem. I find it odd he’s even writing this as his church position is equally as hypocritical as those he accuses. There is no such thing as ANY so-called pastor in a church who is faithfully walking with Christ. If you think you know one, feel free to send him my way as I would gladly show him just how unscriptural his life and example actually is according to New Testament Christianity. Of course we already know there isn’t a chance in hell he’s going to listen……or actually deny himself as God commands.

Amongtheforgotten, you seem angry. I may be wrong and you can tell me if I am wrong. If a man is coming to the light and the Lord is opening up his eyes then I would rejoice in that. I personally know good men of God who are Pastors. I am an ardent opponent of the one man system which is why I left the whole system several years ago having spent the first 19 years of my Christianity in the established church. Carter Conlon once gave a sermon on the angry watchman and it was very good. I am not an angry watchman brother. If I speak the truth in love that gets me in enough trouble to deal with 🙂 The system will undoubtedly be swept away, God is going to do a new thing no doubt, but it is God who will sweep it away and God who will do the new thing.

There are undoubtedly men who are building their own kingdoms, I also know a few of these men personally. There are many decent men still within the system who simply do not realize that it is soon to be upturned and not one stone will be left unturned. The remnant are out of the system and they are coming out of the system, it is in flux as we speak…………………..bro Frank

• Only Me said

Frank, you seem in this reply and others to connote anger, even the righteous kind (“the whole system is a repugnant mess and an offense to the Lord”), as opposed to love, as a disqualification of love. Yes love is important, but so is truth, so is moral courage, so is righteous indignation, so so shaking the tree when all the fruit is rotten to the core. I agree with what this commenter has shared and take issue with your casual negation of it. The entire christian system is and never was from God. There is not doubt god-led leaders, Tozer and Wilkerson and Austin Sparks come to mind, but they to a man stood outside the system, and called it out to shame.

I think if anyone has read even a little of this site they will know that the main thrust of it is to speak against an ungodly system with the truth without fear or favor to man. In that particular reply I sensed that there was anger that there was an anger that was lacking the love of God and wanted to ackowlege the plain fact that writhing this ungodly system their are godly pastors who are genuine in thier faith but simply and genuinely wrong in thier participation in a system that leaves no room for God to move. Blanket statements to the opposite are clearly wrong to me. I did acknowledge that I could be wrong……….bro Frank

3. cindy said

Heres the one intold you about on the phone sent today On Mar 14, 2015 6:22 PM, “A Call To The Remnant” wrote:

> appolus posted: “Great article on the signs of those building their > own kingdoms. Beware! > http://www.stevehackman.net/9-warning-signs-your-pastor-may-be-building-his-own-kingdom/” >