Persecution is just one event away.

Posted by appolus on December 15, 2017

In the early years of the Church, wild accusations were used as a weapon against Christians. Because some had heard them speak of the Lord’s supper where they ” ate His Body and drank His Blood,” symbolically of course, they were wildly accused of cannibalism among other things. Severe persecution followed. In the last 10 years many things have been weaponized. Race, gender, information, and now sexual abuse. Mere accusation can ruin people’s lives. This wild hysterical atmosphere, which itself has been weaponized, therefore multiplying its power exponentially, is tearing away at the fabric of society. The day is coming, soon, when the wild mob, no longer held at bay by the rule of law, will turn on Christianity. Today the cry is sexual abuse where people are presumed guilty and then ruined, tomorrow the cry will be “hate speech,” and it’s target will be genuine Christians who hold to a Biblical worldview. To stand upon the truth, in the coming days, will be to lose everything.

Young people with families will be especially tested I believe because of the pressure to put food on the table. In order to put food on the table in the time soon to come one will have to deny fundamental tenets of Biblical truth just to be able to work. If not and once labeled as one who is guilty of hate speech, that one will be fired right away without any due process and will be unlikely to get a job anywhere else. I am not writing to this to suggest this can be changed, I do not believe it can be changed, it is coming. I do advice all the saints to be prepared for this in any way the Lord leads you to.

25 Responses to “Persecution is just one event away.”

1. Prayergate said

Yes … it’s falling apart quickly! Those caught up in the NAR and false “prophetic” movements are going to be hard-pressed to make decisions based on the cross of the Gospel. Their “Seven Mountain Mandate” is going to come crashing down upon their heads before they even get half-way up (unless, of course, they choose the way of the man of sin). So many Christians are stocking up on food and armaments as though the “arm of the flesh” or their money is going to deliver them in the day of evil. Preparation is in Christ alone through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Amen brother. I would just say that I see no problem in the stocking of food and things of that nature as long as it is not done in fear. I am reminded of the great famine in the OT and how Joseph made preparations based on that. I am also reminded that saints fled Jerusalem in 67ad to a place called Pella because of a prophecy and their lives were saved. Jesus Himself gives us this direction …………………

And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.(Mat 10:21-23)

I do agree entirely on your comments about guns and ammunition. What are the saints going to do with such things, start a civil war?………………bro Frank

• Prayergate said

Frank,

Yes … I, too, agree with the concept of “fleeing” … we know that some of the elect will still be alive at the coming of Christ. I just didn’t specify the difference between following the Lord’s leading by faith versus trusting in that 100lb bucket of beans that might still give out before the Lord’s return. πŸ™‚

And, in terms of civil war, some in the NAR (like Rick Joyner) have already called for a military takeover of the government during Obama’s reign (with the help of “conservative Patriots” and their AK47’s, of course). Plus, a civil war might just be a possible scenario in America leading up to the revealing of the man of sin. I really don’t know.

Be blessed, Brother…
        Tim

Hi Tim, dont be knocking a bucket of beans πŸ™‚ I think it is very prudent, especially in the States with earthquakes and Tornados and hurricanes and an ailing grid system that all families make adequate provisions in the event of any kind of emergency. The notion that saints would take up arms in some kind of civil war is a horrifying notion to me, I can see religious folks doing that, but not saints. But your right, some kind of civil war or breakdown in society here or worldwide may very well lead to the revealing of the man of sin………………….bro Frank

• EndTimes said

Prayergate, I agree 100% with what you wrote. It’s interesting how the Christians of the present generation – like no one before – are buying gold and precious metals like if it could save them from the tribulations. It’s certainly not a coincidence if Jesus counsels the lukewarm church of Laodicea to “buy from Him gold refined in the fire that they may be rich” (Rev. 3.18). A sign of the times.

2. EndTimes said

Interesting comment brother Frank and I agree with what you say about stocking food for the good reasons. Regarding weapons and guns, there is a nuance to be made. There is still a place and a time for weapons (and not only in times of war). I’m not going to talk about the plethora of examples in the O.T. where Israel have been using swords and other weapons. I’ll just stay in the N.T.

I hope what I’m trying to say will be understood the right way since it’s always difficult for me to write in English.

Here’s an interesting passage where Jesus tells his disciples to carry swords:

“Then He said to them, β€œBut now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. For I say to you that this which is written must still be accomplished in Me: β€˜And He was numbered with the transgressors.’ For the things concerning Me have an end.”

So they said, β€œLord, look, here are two swords.” And He said to them, β€œIt is enough.”

(Luke 22.36-38)

While it may seem a little contradictory with what happened later when the troops came to arrest Jesus, it is not. His disciples then asked Him if they “should strike with the sword” (Lk 22.49). What Jesus answered brings a little more clarity. John 18.11: “So Jesus said to Peter, β€œPut your sword into the sheath. Shall I not drink the cup which My Father has given Me?”

In Matthew’s gospel, Jesus says: “Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword. Or do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and He will provide Me with more than twelve legions of angels? How then could the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must happen thus?” (Mat. 26.52-53)

It’s very important to understand the difference as when it’s time to use a weapon and when it’s time not to, lest we turn into zealots. When Jesus was arrested, it was not the time. Not only because Jesus had to suffer the Cross but also for the same reasons Paul didn’t use weapons against those who arrested him for preaching the name of Jesus. So when is it time to use weapons? It’s time when it’s for personal defense against criminal killers, highwaymen, home intruders, rapists and whoever is threatening YOUR (or your family’s) LIFE. It is your DUTY before God to protect yourself, your wife and children and your friends and neighbors against the bad guys.

But it’s not the case when the authorities (civil or religious) arrest you (or want to kill you) because of your faith in Christ. Brother, it’s a very good thing and I’m glad you are warning the believers about “what is coming”. In parallel with what you wrote (“the day is coming, soon, when the wild mob, no longer held at bay by the rule of law, will turn on Christianity”) sums up well what Jesus said:

“But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons. You will be brought before kings and rulers for My name’s sake. But it will turn out for you as an occasion for testimony. Therefore settle it in your hearts not to meditate beforehand on what you will answer; for I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict or resist.” (Luke 21.12-15)

Those words of Jesus show clearly and without any possible doubt that it is NOT the time for believers to use weapons. It’s part of God’s plan to use His people as a testimony with the promise that He will provide the right kind of weapon we need: wisdom and the right words.

As you said, we will be tested. I’m pretty sure at that point many Christians will fall right into the trap of using guns when this happens and maybe start a civil war. Doing so is the same than fighting against those who were arresting Jesus. It is crucial that we RESIST that temptation! The Scripture must be fulfilled:

“It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

If anyone has an ear, let him hear. He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; HE WHO KILLS WITH THE SWORD must be killed with the sword.

Here is the PATIENCE and the FAITH of the saints.”

End times, I agree entirely with the comment you just made. I have a gun myself. I think part of the problem is that I live in a country where many people are obsessed with guns and are driven by fear. I think fear should be a diqualifier for owning a gun. God bless you…………..bro Frank

• EndTimes said

I moved to Texas almost 6 years ago so I understand very well what you mean! πŸ™‚

I have a possible interpretation for the 3rd verse of Rev. 13 about the beast rising up out of the sea:

“And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marveled and followed the beast.”

I could be wrong but I thought that the head that was mortally wounded could be the United States; at this moment, it’s the only nation in the world that is still resisting the Beast thus delaying it from manifesting its full power. But the deadly wound will be healed. That could mean they will change their mind (through seduction) or simply that they will not prevail.

I see a parallel with this, Matthew 24.10 and Daniel 11. 32-35.

Just a thought …

• EndTimes said

Forgot to mention: the last passage was from Revelation 13. 7-10.

• Prayergate said

EXACTLY!

• Fiona Burky said

If you want to read the best book I’ve ever read on one’s spiritual armor, I’d highly recommend William Gurnall’s book, “The Christian in Complete Armour” .

If you don’t like reading old style English, as it was originally written in the 1600s, I recommend you do as I’ve done and get the modern, unabridged version that was rewritten by David Wilkerson and a team of his editors. Spurgeon and John Newton spoke very highly of it.

It has been a,life changer for me and those I know who have read it! It’s none of this pretending you’re putting on your armor everyday, nor is it walking around yelling at the enemy, or taking the fight to him. It is a serious book about how you’re walking with the Lord, and dealing with your flash, is what actually develops the Spiritual armor within you. The Spiritual armor is who you become, it’s not a ritual you go through every morning.

3. wakarusaguy said

It seems the most important provision we can make for surviving the end-times is spiritual discernment. Isn’t that the take-away from Jesus warning in Matthew 24:24 that it will ALMOST be possible for “even the elect” to be deceived by the deceiving spirit ?

Probably we indeed see that misleading happening even now.

Scripture’s characterization of anti-Christ…whose spirit is already active in the world, and has been since I John 2:18ff was written…is that he will be “attractive” in the highest possible degree, on every human scale of value. More “likable” and appealing, more intelligent, better educated, and vastly more plausible and subtle in his dissembling malevolence than any previous human “leader.”

The best way to make sure we’re equipped with spiritual discernment is to practice it…knowing the spirit of anti-Christ is already “out there” to be discerned.

The question is whether those unable to discern the anti-Christ spirit in current human leaders…failing to recognize even the greatest characteristics of that spirit, lies and pride…will be able to discern it when anti-Christ himself comes on the scene.

May the elect test their spiritual discernment now, knowing nothing else will preserve them in the times coming.

Amen !! …………bro Frank

• Fiona Burky said

Discernment and walking close with the Holy Spirit is going to be,the key!

Please read my previous comment I left regarding a book I HIGHLY recommend, written by William Gurnall called “The Christian in Complete Armour ‘. God bless!

• EndTimes said

Interesting. Well yes, let’s talk about discernment.

American Christians are very idealistic, unlike any other country. It’s to a point they think that their national leaders are supposed to be holy men, Christians and irreproachable, somehow like John the Baptist! Nice idea but also pretty naive and unrealistic. What do they expect? This is politics and human governments; even if their high positions are God ordained, it’s still the world, not the Kingdom of God.

When God used Pharaoh’s dreams in order to establish Joseph as governor of Egypt and save his family, did that make Pharaoh holy? Did that turn Egypt into a holy nation? When God used Daniel to glorify Himself, to reveal His ways to Nebuchadnezzar and to save Daniel and his friends, did that make the king of Babylon holy? When God used Esther and made her queen of Persia to preserve Israel from destruction, did that make King Assuerus holy?

If we are God’s people, we should be able to see the big picture and understand the difference between the instruments and the purposes of God.

Another example: Jacob who used deceiving tactics and lie schemes (with his mother’s complicity) to steal his brother Esau’s blessing. Yep, lies and deception …doesn’t that sound to you like characteristics of the antichrist? Now did God disqualify him based on what he did? Nope. Instead, He changed his name Jacob [which means usurper] to Israel [God contends] and made him a great nation, the chosen people. God loved Jacob and hated Esau because He knows what is in men’s heart! Do you?

Now about USA (concerning God’s purposes): United States is a special case among many nations. It’s the only country where to this day, whoever ran for president most of time presented themselves as “Christians” (or at least moral persons) in order to get the Christian electorate. That, even Obama did. But in the new reality, this is starting to change: the new values in trend are now antichrist, they just haven’t reached the majority yet but it looks like it’s getting there quickly.

Now understand this: what the Christians here are voting for are the programs and values that the political figures are defending or proposing rather than the men themselves. I mentioned in previous comments that the current government leaders were “doing the right things” and saying that, I wasn’t talking about their personal or private life; I was talking about fighting for the RIGHT CAUSES, what they were voted in for and getting the job done. Now does that make those men holy? Certainly not, but you ought to understand that preserving conservative values can make a huge difference in your own life: it prevents your young children from being taught abominations in schools, homosexual indoctrination and transgenderism (with sexually explicit material), it can stop the mass murdering of millions of innocent babies, preserves the rule of law from collapsing, prevents terrorists and other invaders from entering, murdering and bringing in their drug cartels to destroy the youth, and more.

Whoever is a real Christian would never go against those values. Are the men ruling this country sinners? Of course they are. Thinking they shouldn’t be is beyond realistic. Are the men (or some men) in the current leadership using a part of their supporter’s donations to enrich themselves? Are they using political tactics such as bribery to sway congressmen? It seems likely that some of them are. But this is between them and God. Like in the parable of the unjust steward (Luke 16), one day, all those men (Christians or not, politicians as well as church leaders) will stand before God to whom they will give an account.

“For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.” (Luke 12.48). That’s where “many who are first will be last”.

This is not for us to judge! Our job is to make the best choices in the God given circumstances and to keep ourselves undefiled.

It’s about time Christians start discerning and looking at what God is doing rather than focusing only on the instruments He is using to preserve His people. True Christians do not worship men but God only.

I agree Endtimes. I think we can look to God first and foremost and still give thanks that we live in a country, perhaps the last in the Western world, that has not fallen completely into secularism. As that day approaches and all nations openly hate and persecute Christians, America, I feel will be the last to do so and even then it will be state by state. So rather than fleeing from city to city as we are admonished to do in the Scriptures, we may find ourselves fleeing from state to state……..bro Frank

• Steve said

“For that reason, many American Christians have become unable to discern the difference between what God is doing behind the scenes to preserve His people, using men, and the men themselves.”

That’s exactly why I stressed the need for “spiritual discernment,” EndTimes.

And I’ll disagree completely with what seems to be your take-away: that we can, or should, separate between what men do and say, and what is the spirit of their hearts. That’s pretty contrary to everything scripture teaches, don’t you think: and another place spiritual discernment is critical ?

• Fiona Burky said

I agree. My long-time friend, who is a die-hard Democrat, and I have had a falling out over this very issue. She votes Democrat, even though she knows their stance is pro-abortion, pro-LGBT, etc, while she says she is a born-again Christian. She doesn’t have an answer to why she’ll vote for someone who’s pro-abortion when the question is raised and will diver the discussion to all the bad things she sees the Republicans doing. She doesn’t seem to think that what a person believes in their heart, and can be seen by how they’ve voted or comments they’ve made (we certainly can’t be held accountable for things we don’t know about a person, but we are held to a standard when we DO know things about a person), makes any difference as long as her party is in power. I have been an “Independent” for some time now, having left the Republican party. Discernment is KEY to how we’re to live our lives, and we will need to develop such a strong ear to hear the Holy Spirit, so that as times get worse we will know what we are to do and say. When the rubber hits the road, it’s the Holy Spirit that needs to be our guide, not a political party or our having put “man” up on a pedestal and looking to “man” to fix our problems.

• Fiona Burky said

I agree. Discernment and walking close with the Holy Spirit is going to be,the key! While guns offer self protection, we have got to learn to love our enemies and those who would persecute us so we can be used by the Holy Spirit to be his mouth piece.

For personal growyh, please read my previous comment I left regarding a book I HIGHLY recommend, written by William Gurnall called “The Christian in Complete Armour ‘. God bless!

BTW, I’m having a good laugh over the discussion of beans vs. rice. Knowing my husband, I’d rather be facing difficult times with rice in his body. …lol.

Yeah, I think rice will do Fiona πŸ™‚ …………….bro Frank

• EndTimes said

Yeah, that’s funny, it makes me smile too! I also prefer rice over beans (especially the basmati)! One good thing to know whenever the meat is unavailable is that beans and rice are different types of proteins that are complementary so if you mix both together, you get a complete protein (just like meat). So don’t throw away your beans! πŸ˜€

Thanks for your info about “The Christian in complete Armor”. I’ll check into that!

• Fiona Burky said

The Lord had me do a blog regarding that book. It was a brief look at Gurnall’s book as there is just so much meat in it that I simply couldn’t cover it all

I’ll post the link below, as it may help you decide to get the book. Gurnall’s book is not a quick, easy read as just a few paragraphs will give you something to ponder for some time.

It took me a year to read it through the first time, and then 6 months to go through it quicker so I could do the blog. I’m getting ready to read it for a 3rd time, once I’m done with my latest Tozer book (big Tozer fan! )

I’m also getting ready to read all the books on prayer that E.M.Bounds wrote. My best friend, who’s an intercessor , says Bounds’ books,on prayer have really ratchet up her prayer life, so I’m eager to read them.

Anyhow, here’s the Gurnall blog link: http://gleaningsfromgurnall.blogspot.com.

I finshed writing the last chapter of the blog, Dec 10, 2017.

• Prayergate said

Endtimes … “Rice + Beans = Meat” … Sounds like the three of us could hold a pretty good camp meeting! πŸ™‚