Leading by the Spirit

Posted by appolus on February 27, 2015

2Co 1:24 Not that we have dominion over your faith, but are fellow workers for your joy; for by faith you stand.

Oh brothers and sisters, where is the Apostolic leadership of our day? Where is the wisdom of God? Where can we find such leadership that would proclaim that they do not have dominion over ones faith but are actually fellow workers for the joy of the saints? If one of the chief purposes of gathering together is for the edifying of the saints, for the equipping of the saints, for the feeding of the sheep, then where is the servant leadership today? In our day we produce leaders, yet all though the Bible leaders were called of God by His Spirit. When Christendom is reduced to an industry, then the industry itself finds, promotes and trains its leaders. The land is in desperate need of men that are called by God and who reject all titles and privileges. All too often and in too many places the saints have been reduced to dumb spectators whose tithes and offerings are for the equipping of the salaried staff. We have it backwards, may the Lord forgive us.

6 Responses to “Leading by the Spirit”

1. Lynn said

AMEN

2. Michael said

Dear Frank,

Regarding the way that the church functions you said, “We have it all backwards.” So true. God told rebellious Israel that their ways were not His ways and their thoughts were not His, either. Yet, Paul said that those who are Christ’s have the mind of Christ and His heart in them. He also said that HIS sheep hear His voice and that they follow HIM!

Brother, I have to conclude that what calls itself, “the church” today is NOT HIS church! Don’t most pastors refer to their congregations as THEIR church? I think they are right. Who are they pointing the sheep to as their Good Shepherd? Do they teach them to listen to Christ’s Spirit and follow Him? It is only Jesus’ Church that the gates of hell will not prevail against. The rest are on their own.

“Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you? Every one who comes to me and hears my words and does them, I will show you what he is like: he is like a man building a house, who dug deep, and laid the foundation upon rock; and when a flood arose, the stream broke against that house, and could not shake it, because it had been well built. But he who hears and does not do them is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation; against which the stream broke, and immediately it fell, and the ruin of that house was great.” (Luke 6:46-49 RSVA)

Amen Michael, I agree with your conclusions. “Jesus could not have been more forthcoming about this issue of hearing HIS voice and obeying HIM if we are HIS followers.” Indeed, follow only that which points us to Jesus and Him alone…………..bro Frank

3. jacqui said

Amen and Amen! I always love the way Paul introduces himself in his letters …..Paul, an apostle—sent not from men nor by a man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father, …… so many are ordained by man and the fruits of this are quite evident now ….. Where are the washing of the feet? the humble unseen acts of kindness? Truly the first shall be last and the last shall be first ….. good post and thank you …. jacqui

4. Barbara said

I know several pastors….really good men of God, who, I believe are ‘caught up’ in traditions of men, handed down through the centuries. It is hard for me, at times, because while I love and appreciate these pastors and many in their churches, in my heart, I believe the way “church” functions is backwards. Then sometimes I think, “What if I am wrong? Maybe I am a rebel, at heart. Do you understand where I am in this? I am respected by others, but, I never quite fit in, like many I know. I know I am called of God, yet I do not yet see the full picture. Just rambling!

I believe there are many good men serving God, I also believe that the Times of God winking at the practices we are locked into are coming to and end. It is certainly the valley of decision that is upon us …….bro Frank