By reason of the cloud.

Posted by appolus on April 3, 2019

2Ch 5:14 So that the priests could not stand to minister by reason of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of God.

The world has such a low view of God. Some kindly grandfather? A benevolent Santa Claus? A buddy? Of course He is none of these things. For the most part Christendom also has a low view of God. Can I ask you a genuine question? When you go to church next Sunday, are you actually expecting to encounter the Living God? I am not talking about singing loud and jumping up and down. I am not talking about being really interested in a sermon and taking notes. I am talking about meeting God almighty. The God that is high and lifted up and the train of His robe fills the temple. The God that is majestic in holiness. The God that is full of awe and marvelous. The God that is so overwhelming that He floods our spirits with His glory and those around His throne can only cry out Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty. Is that what you are expecting? If not why not? Unless the people have an encounter with such a God, they will continue to have a low view of Him and worship some weak anemic cultural god of their own making. What cannot be learned by a thousand excellent sermons can be learned in the genuine presence of God. Just one moment in His presence is better than a thousand elsewhere. If all of you are prophesying, and unbelievers or people who don’t understand these things come into your meeting, they will be convicted of sin and judged by what you say. As they listen, their secret thoughts will be exposed, and they will fall to their knees and worship God, declaring, “God is truly here among you.” (1 Cor 14 24-25)

The church in the west is starving to death and they are dying of thirst. The tragedy is, that for the most part, the majority that are called after His name do not even know that they are in the midst of a famine and a drought. I thank God for His remnant people who do know. Who agonize over the state of the church. Who cry out to God and who want nothing less than for the multitude of people to experience the majesty and the glory and the anguish and the joy of falling down before the throne. Who desire all men to be ruined for this life and to walk with the grand obsession of the Lord Jesus Christ. There is coming a time, and we may be there already, when God is calling His people, His remnant people who have experienced the presence of God, to rise up and testify to it. To testify of what they know of Him. Of how they come into the presence of a Holy and majestic God. Of how it ruins them and changes them. Of how they tremble before the throne of the almighty God. This is what the people are starved of, this is what they are dying from. There is a famine of the Word of God in the land, not the Word preached, but the Word preached with the power and the presence of God. The crisis of the age is a lack of God’s empowering presence in our assemblies. May the glory of the Lord fill His house.

5 Responses to “By reason of the cloud.”

1. Karen Urbanik said

Awesome

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019, 10:12 PM A Call To The Remnant wrote:

> appolus posted: “2Ch 5:14 So that the priests could not stand to minister > by reason of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of > God. The world has such a low view of God. Some kindly grandfather? A > benevolent Santa Claus? A buddy? Of course He is no” >

2. bcparkison said

and please…not just on Sunday but daily.

3. Dick said

In a nutshell the reason I left the choreographed, mechanical Sunday production which is what is actually worshipped. The “program for this Sunday” is the idol. Three/four songs, announcements, short prayer(maybe), collection, and a 45-50 minute message. Repeat the ritual next Sunday. I thank God for the thirst and hunger He has created in me for Himself, though this taste of His Presence that He gave you out of His grace has not been my experience YET. He would not create this hunger to just mock me. So I wait for Him like many others who are thirsty but the timing of this encounter is not in my hands. He is both the Gift and the Giver.
    Thank you for this message. In my inferior technological way I have attempted to get this to my family and friends. If ever there was a time this message needs to be heard it is NOW. Blessings Frank

Dick, I could not agree more. And, the Lord is a rewarder of those who diligently seeking Him in this deeper manner, He will be found. More people are on Facebook Dick, so maybe this link would help you share this article. https://www.facebook.com/My-Highest-for-His-Glory-1520600074738714/?modal=admin_todo_tour If you click and hold down the left button on your mouse along that link it will highlight it. Once it is highlighted you can right click and hit copy. Then you can send it in an e-mail or in a facebook by righ clicking and hotting paste. …………………bro Frank