I am the Truth

Posted by appolus on February 25, 2015

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

“I am the Truth.” Wow. Jesus had not come to teach us the truth, He had come to show us the Truth. Jesus was not another teacher teaching us about truth, He was Truth and He had come to reveal Himself. Jesus says in another place that if we abided in His Word then we would know the truth and the truth would set us free. In another place we are told that in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. Jesus is the Word. The Word and the Truth are Jesus. If we abide in Jesus, if we dwell with Him, if we come to Him, then we will know Him and in knowing Him we shall be set free. He who the Son sets free is free indeed, liberated from bondage and the curse of sin. Now, you can know the Bible and not know the Truth, but you cannot know the Truth and not know the Bible. Those who are in Christ and know Him are in the Word and the word is in them and they continue in it, they abide in it. There is a huge difference between memorizing Scripture and knowing the Word. He showed us the Way by showing us Himself who is the Truth and it led us deeper into Him, who is Life. All of that leads us to the Father. Show me a man with the life of Christ in Him and I will show you a man knows the Truth and walks the narrow way that leads to the Father and eternal life.

6 Responses to “I am the Truth”

1. jacqui said

Now, you can know the Bible and not know the Truth, but you cannot know the Truth and not know the Bible. …… this is absolutely right! I was handed a bible as a new Christian but it wasn’t until I encountered Jesus that the puzzle fitted. Jesus drew me to himself it was not man, in fact they didn’t know, even those in the church. Wonderful post! God Bless …. jacqui xx

2. KMH said

Amen Brother Frank!
    A Rhema Word from God!!!! Nothing on this earth compares!
    Thank you for your blog!

3. Only Me said

With respect my brother, truth is far more and mightier than the book we call the Bible. It is deeper than mere knowledge (gnosis). It is a living, penetrating spiritual reality borne out and actualized through a symbiotic connection to the Source of Life. If all Jesus came to do was give us the Bible in its true meaning, then this is nothing more or less than what the dragon offered in the garden. Enlightenment requires light and enlivenment requires life, both of which are represented in the Son. A more insightful and helpful word for truth is “reality”. “I am the Living Flesh-Borne Reality” come down to show you what life really looks like, He said. We are for more than students, even disciples, we are sons joined to the life and light of the Father through this living spiritual reality. My prayerful hope is that you and others might see this. There is far more to “learn” in Him than in the book we call the bible. It has a place, certainly, but not the place most christians and jews give it.

Hi Only Me, I must admit your reply made me smile. I wondered if I could have written that very short devotional so badly that anyone could possibly get the idea that you got from it, for indeed what you just said was exactly what I thought I had written šŸ™‚ Obviously not very well. I think, if you go back and read the two short paragraphs with a charitable spirit, you may see that you and I agree entirely. I thought I was clear in writing that Jesus Himself is the Truth, that Jesus Himself is the Word and that by only abiding in Jesus Himself could we be drawn deeper into the Father’s heart………………bro Frank

4. toringue said

Reblogged this on Entrance of Christ WORDS gives light.