My chains are in Christ

Posted by appolus on October 16, 2012

Brother and sisters, can you say that your chains are in Christ and because of your chains others are emboldened? This is one of the cries of God’s Remnant children. Its one of the marks of the royal priesthood. When Paul was in chains for Christ his attitude in the midst of it, his joy, his peace, his awareness of the presence of God was encouraging to those saints who were not yet in chains. As they saw the example of Paul ( in Philippians 1) they were deeply encouraged and emboldened to see that despite any set of trials, they served an overcoming God.  This dear saints, is the perseverance of the saints. You might not suffer actual chains ( although that could change soon) but you may lose your job, you may get a devastating diagnosis from the doctor, any number of bad reports you may receive, how will the world see you when you are in ” your chains?” Will they see the glory of God? God is raising up, for such a time as this, just such a paradoxical people. A people who will rejoice when the world weeps. A people who will serve when the world demands service. A people whose joy cannot be robbed by poverty or affliction. A people unmoved by the ” American dream,” and the prosperity of this world. A people who know that their Lord is magnified in their weaknesses. A people who have learned to be content whether with much or with little, whether people are singing their praises or wringing their hands. Can you glorify the Lord in the midst of refining fires? By the power of the Spirit of God and a broken and a contrite heart you can and you will.

To be chained in Christ
Is to be free indeed
Free to die and free to bleed
Free to walk the pilgrim way
Free to die to self each day

To be lost in Christ
Is to be found
To feel His presence all around
To plunge into the Father’s love
To walk with Him like hand in glove

To be dead in Christ
Is to truly live
To truly love and to forgive
To live this life and so much more
To honor, worship and adore

To live in Christ
Is to die
To walk with Him who dwells on high
Alive to Christ and dead to sin
Gloriously filled from deep within

To reign with Christ
Is to serve
A testimony to preserve
Of the glorious King who reigns on high
Whose glory fills the earth and sky

To walk with Christ
Is to run
To know the journey’s just begun
To run and run and never tire
To soar with wings and ever higher

To dwell with Christ
Is to roam
We’ll never settle till we’re home
Pilgrim saints along the way
Ever closer every day

The paradoxes that we find
In Christ alone renews the mind
The way that seems so right to man
Is opposite to our God’s plan

12 Responses to “My chains are in Christ”

1. The poetry is beautiful. I would like to term it as “paradoxical.” Have a great day my friend.

2. Leslie Manto said

This is the heart of God, Brother Frank. Something is happening in the heavenlies and
    we will suffer for him. The only way to be ready is to know Him. Words can’t convey
    the depths of his vast love you sensed this day. Thank you Father, for Frank’s heart which
    is your heart , full of grace, peace and mercy. We know that the words will now become reality.
    Hold your children close to your heart in the days to come.
    Sister Leslie

Thank you dear sister. I wrote this poem at 5am this morning, unable to sleep, dare I say awakened by the Spirit with one verse burning in my heart. To know His love is to swim in the depths of the sea sister, its vast and grand and beyond compare and it ruins you for everything in this life. Which, when we consider how small this world is in comparison to the God that holds the whole universe, its just as well. We may be spoiled for this world but He is preparing us for the next which is beyond the reaches of our understanding, all we can do is ” know,” something of it in our spirit by His Spirit and in that place we sense, like feeling some of the heat of the sun but not being able to look into it, we sense the glory, we are bowed low by it…………… brother Frank

• Leslie Manto said

Yes, brother. I read His words in Job 38-41 just and am humbled. And thank you for reminding us of His glory. Now this morning I must go into the “prisons” of this world and may God reflect that glory in me today. The muck and mire of this world gets thicker and uglier, and His people have the only words of hope. Jesus bless you today, dear brother in Christ.

3. […] 17, 2012 at 2:21 am (Poems) My chains are in Christ. Share this:EmailStumbleUponPrintFacebookTwitterRedditDiggLinkedInLike this:LikeBe the first to […]

4. Thank you Brother for your faithfulness to Abba God! I love your words, they reflect His!

” I love your words, they reflect His!” Hi praise indeed, I want my words to reflect His, thank you sister. without Jesus I would have no words at all………..bro Frank

5. Cynthia said

Hi brother,

This poem echoes the cry of my heart wherein I wrote:

The Lord bound me in Him but this is the kind of bondage that I never want to be freed from. He created me for Him…

Blessings in Christ,

Cynthia

6. Leslie Manto said

Hope you don’t mind, I posted this poem on my blog, not that anybody reads my blog- but
    I appreciate your heartfelt, birthed in brokenness…zeal for God 🙂 words!

Please feel free to share anything that you like Leslie, all for Gods glory!!! ……………. bro Frank