The crime of spiritual abuse: One of the most dangerous ideas in decades

Posted by appolus on February 13, 2018

The crime of spiritual abuse: One of the most dangerous ideas in decades. The article below is a very important one, please take the time to read it, it is quite short. It speaks to a new category that the authorities are thinking about introducing, “Spiritual Abuse,” or SA for short. The implication if this were ever introduced would devastate Christians and Christian children specifically. Let me just say that I believe that this will be introduced and sooner rather than later. Just another sign that Jesus is at the door and the gates of hell have been pushed open wide…………………bro Frank

In a world of ‘safe spaces’ it appears that no space is safe. So it was with interest and a degree of concern that I heard of a new term about to be added to our legal vocabulary. As well as sex abuse, child abuse, racial abuse, hate crime abuse, emotional abuse, psychological abuse and domestic abuse, we now have ‘spiritual abuse’ (SA).

Organisations like the Churches Child Protection Advisory Service (CCPAS) have been raising the profile of SA and seeking to get it recognised as a legal category. Surely that should be a good thing? Abuse is manipulation, bullying, exploitation and misuse of power. When that happens in religious circles then surely it should be dealt with? So why has the Evangelical Alliance produced a report that is highly critical of the term? …… read the complete article by David Robertson here………  https://theweeflea.com/2018/02/13/the-crime-of-spiritual-abuse-one-of-the-most-dangerous-ideas-in-decades/

5 Responses to “The crime of spiritual abuse: One of the most dangerous ideas in decades”

1. Kris said

I will go out on a limb and say I was a victim of spiritual abuse. It is devastating. This type of abuse reaches to the very core of who we are as human beings. Most don’t realize it happening until it’s to late. Trying to adjust to life after spiritual abuse is horrible! It’s a long process to healing and in all honesty I’m sure you ever fully heal from the devastation.

I pray for those that have been through church trauma,
    Kris

Kris, I think you might have missed the bigger picture here, and believe me, I am no fan of the church system hence this website. If this were to pass then the State would decide what is spiritual. If, for instance, as a Christian you believed and taught your children, that homosexuality was a sin, then the State could remove your children because of the “spiritual abuse,” you are inflicting on them……………………..bro Frank

• Kris said

Bro. Frank, I got what was being said but maybe there should be some oversite in the organized church system…there are things that go on in some organizations that are horrendous that people don’t even know about…I’m all for parents privately teaching their children that sin is sin but there also has to be something to help people who are victims of the extreme like locking children in rooms and not feeding them and indoctrinating them in the most extreme ways….I guess in reality there is no good answer either way…I just know what my husband and I came out of and those responsible are still hurting people…I certainly don’t have the answers I just understand the damage that’s been done to so, so many people! Maybe it should start with defining extremism…I don’t know…but I know the pain is real and damage is lasting!

God Bless-
        Kris

Kris, might have been my fault, pretty hard to see the bigger picture when the link did not work, read the article then tell me what you think…………………..bro Frank

2. Prayergate said

Another strand in the deceitful web of the antichrist system. It’s actually a “wonder to behold” all of the intricate pieces of the “beast” being woven quickly into place! Matthew 24:10 is going to become a reality soon enough!