The Living Jesus empowers us to die.

Posted by appolus on December 5, 2016

This is a portion of chapter 15 of my book The Fall of Christendom…….

The living Jesus empowers us to die. The cross is the symbol of sacrifice and death. To live for Him is to die to ourselves and the world. In the Spiritual we came, we died and we rose again as a new creature in Christ. As we move towards and become like Jesus, we die to ourselves. And so there is an important intertwining of dying to ourselves and living the resurrected life. It is the heads and the tails of the same coin. If you focus on just one aspect to the detriment of the other, you will become imbalanced in your walk. We surely must pick up our cross daily it is important to realize that this will produce an abundant spiritual life in Christ and while you may die to the flesh internally, the world should see your joy expressed externally and wonder and marvel how such a thing could be. This is pleasing to God.

The proof of our new life, our resurrection from the dead, our authentic faith is not a large house or a $2000 suit or a prosperous life in this world, these things prove nothing in the Spiritual. The proof of our faith is how we react to carrying our cross. In the midst of death to ourselves does the love of Jesus pour forth? Do we minister to others when we ourselves are in the midst of trial and testing’s? Have we found the secret of being content in every situation? The cross does not lie. There is no hypocrisy on the cross. Tozer said that you knew one thing about a man carrying a cross out of the city, you knew he was not coming back. The cross signifies death to self and death to the world. It’s only by taking up our cross that we can crucify the flesh. The flesh wars against the Spirit. The flesh must die, it dies only upon the cross, it thrives on indulgence.

The walk of the cross is a lonely walk. Yet in every generation, across denominational lines, brothers and sisters will be called out. They will know each other when they meet. They will be people who have rejected the “norm.” They will be a people who are seeking a deeper walk with Jesus. While the crowd run after the latest craze and those that tickle their ears, these people will find themselves on an ancient narrow path. This path begins at Calvary and ends at the throne. It is a very difficult and lonely path but all the saints who have come before you have walked this very path. Be encouraged today saints, God has seen and sees the afflictions of His people. He has not left us as orphans, we have the Holy Spirit who can take us to a place that Jesus has prepared for us. He is our high tower and the righteous can run into it and are safe. There is a place beneath His wings that is ours. He has given us wings in the Spiritual so that we can fly to this place. And in this prepared place we can discover joy where there should be no joy. We can discover peace where there should be no peace. We can discover love where hate should be. We can be fed although a famine has overtaken the land. He is our fountain in a land that is dry and dusty, in a land where there is no water.

As the spiritual famine deepens, as the drought begins to change the landscape, as the counterfeit increases daily, the Lord knows how to feed His children. As the storm that rages then the Lord says to His children “I am the eye of the storm, do not be afraid of it, walk into the heart of it and find peace at the center it, I am the Lord of all storms and I stand in the midst of them and beckon unto my own to come unto me and take my hand and I will lead you through and you will not be overcome or destroyed.” We praise the Lord today that He sees all things and He knows all things and to those who have taken up their cross and walk the narrow path He is their strength and their comfort and sustainer.

18 Responses to “The Living Jesus empowers us to die.”

1. Vicki said

Reblogged this on Living on Vancouver Island.

• Vicki said

I hit the wrong blog to reblog this and now it won’t let me reblog it on my Take No Thought for Tomorrow.. 😦

Vicki, cant you just copy and paste it. or copy and paste the link on the window above the article. Do you live on Vancouver Island? I visited there a few years ago and fell in love with the majestic beauty…………………..bro Frank

• Vicki said

yes, I do live on Vancouver Island, it is beautiful for sure. And I will copy and paste, thank you for the suggestion.

2. […] The Living Jesus empowers us to die. […]

3. Michael said

is anybody allowed to post on this site,

4. Michael said

Paul was permitted into the house of JESUS, and within this house Paul would be shown in spiritual understanding and knowledge all articles, accessories, attachments, fixtures and the commodities of grace necessary, vital and essential for the church to grow and become. Paul had heavens categorization and sequence of Redemption. Paul was made into the revelation of that which he was shown in Jesus house. Paul didn#t come away from Jesus house with just knowledge of what he was shown, but the mandate of GOD was for Paul to experience each thing he was shown until it was a living wrought reality. Then and only then could Paul share those things with the church.

5. Michael said

The whole issue with JESUS as it pertains to His people is this, what creation, and what tools are you building with. If upon the living soul foundation then the image will look like the living soul, or that which the living soul can duplicate using knowledge. This type of JESUS anybody with a mind and brain can create. If upon the spiritual foundation then the image will look like Spirit. That which is flesh is flesh, and that which is spirit is spirit. The understandings of Jesus foundation no living soul can speak, yet the whole church system is filled with speaking, teaching, preaching and prophesying living souls declaring the mind of God.

6. Hi Frank,

I have just discovered your site yesterday and felt very blessed and greatly encouraged in my faith from reading a few of your articles. Feelings of depression lifted as my faith rose and my prayers reached to the Lord.

I also write poetry and have recently started bloging too. However, I just wanted to say that the Lord impressed upon me a few years ago the story of Elijah regarding the “spiritual famine” that the Christian world is currently in. You wrote: “We can be fed although a famine has overtaken the land.” This is very true. We have to learn how to feed ourselves with bible reading and spending time in prayer with the Lord, who is our teacher, of course.
    (My article on this can be found at, https://grainofwheatblog.wordpress.com/2016/11/13/bible-heroes-3-elijah/ )

You wrote, ” To live for Him is to die to ourselves and the world”, and how true this is! This is certainly no walk in the park, no stroll along the street of easy Christianity, this is not the life for those who love a broad and easy path. The Lord has convicted me time and again that “friendship with the world is hatred towards God” and that as a grain of wheat needs to die to produce much fruit so we too MUST die to ourselves. This is a hard thing, it is rather painful, but it is vital if we are to become like our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

I have thanked the Lord that I have discovered your writings and so wish to thank you for sharing with us in this fashion. It is most edifying to me.

May God bless you and your readers,
    Helen

Hi Helen, and welcome. I am glad that you have been encouraged and just by your comment I sense that we are kindred spirits in the Lord. I look forward to checking out your site and reading your poetry. You have encouraged me this morning…………………bro Frank

7. “The proof of our faith is how we react to carrying our cross. In the midst of death to ourselves does the love of Jesus pour forth?”

Good message brother. May we be a blessing in times of suffering as well as good times to others.