Have you fallen down?

Posted by appolus on February 7, 2019

Psalm 42:5 Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted in me? Hope you in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

Are you downcast today? Has the troubles of life, the trials of circumstances mounted up and overwhelmed you? Are you wandering in a spiritual wilderness? Perhaps you even feel abandoned by God? Has the multitude of your troubles somehow separated you from the presence of the living God?Is the only water you are experiencing right now the tears that fall in the shadows of the night, the darkness of your situation?

There is a term amongst shepherds called “casting.” It refers to a sheep on its back. If a sheep falls onto its back, it does not have the ability to get upright again. The blood will begin to drain from the sheep’s legs, and the weight of its body will press down upon its lungs and it will begin to suffocate. It will slowly die. Perhaps you feel like you’re on your back today? You do not have the ability to get up again. The situation and circumstances are out-with your control. You do not feel the presence of God, you feel alone and isolated, the joy is gone and you have lost you “song in the night.”

Let me tell you what the shepherd does when He comes upon a “downcast,” sheep. First of all He begins to rub their legs to bring some of the blood back to get the circulation going a bit. Then He takes one hand and grabs the two back legs, then the other hand and grabs the two front legs and hoists the sheep up and over His head and around His neck. He then carries the sheep until it has recovered and only then does He put it back down on the ground.

If you are downcast today brothers and sisters, cry out to the Lord with all the strength that you have left in you. Remember the days when you “used to go with the multitude. I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise.” I pray that today is the day that your joy returns, that you will have your song in the night.

Even in the midst of darkness, may your joy be complete in Him. The good shepherd of our souls who would take your chin this day, very gently and say “why so downcast,” my child, “put your trust in me,” see now I will lift you from this place and put you on my back awhile for when you walk with me for “my yoke is easy and my burden it is light and you will find rest for your souls.”

5 Responses to “Have you fallen down?”

1. exposeevil said

Reblogged this on Unblended Truth.

2. Kate Katiera said

Thank you so much for your word this morning. I was up sick all night over a buyer trying to do us in as we are selling our home. This man has been a complete nightmare, and I don’t think I’ve ever been so shaken and unable to rebound as to the evil tricks this man is pulling on us. I read your words this morning, and they brought at element of peace back to my soul. God Bless You!

Amen Kate. Just remember, as a seller, you are in control of process ( i am a real estate agent) and God is in control of everything………………bro Frank

3. Robert Taylor said

Brother Frank…..I am a week or so behind as usual, but when I get started catching up on things, I always start with reading your excellent articles. The article of Feb. 5 is excellent , and my personal opinion as I read the various scripture about how the end time will unfold. I don,t believe there will be a revival like the revival under Evan Roberts, George Whitfield, Finny and a host of other old time preachers. I think there will be a tremendous Spiritual outpouring on Gods individual remnant saints, but what is in store for the world wide church corporately is severe judgement as I read it. I pray that there is a sweeping world wide revival like the Welsh revival, but I don,t think so.
    Now to make a comment on yesterdays article, “Have you fallen down”. I havn,t fallen down brother Frank, but there have been many times that the spiritual attacks have been so severe in the last year, that I have lost my “Song in the night”. This article was for me brother Frank. I got much encouragement from it, and as I was up praying at 4 o,clock this morning, I got back my “Song in the night”. Keep me and my family in prayer brother, and also my mission team. The devil has fled for a season, but he will be back. The devil won,t cease his efforts to destroy our work until he is bound and thrown into the lake of fire. Blessings from Mexico brother.

I agree bro Robert, I do not see another revival like the Welsh revival. I praise God that you had your song restored brother. I also agree that you may have peace for a season but we have an enemy who does not give up. I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers bro, God bless you…………..bro Frank