Being disconnected from God

Posted by appolus on December 28, 2014

We are living in a day and age where the understanding of diligence is almost lost. In a fast paced, constantly connected society, we we are being slowly and surely disconnected from God. God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. The sin of Cain was presumption. Let us not presume upon the presence of God. Let us bring our best to Him, starting with our time. Need to log of and diligently seek His presence ?

11 Responses to “Being disconnected from God”

1. Afchief said

Amen brother! I’m guilty of this and NEED to log off a lot more from all my electronic devices.

I think we can all be guilty of this, as technology increases the challenges will become greater to get alone and quiet with God, especially for young people……………..bro Frank

2. Thank you for the words of wisdom, brother. We have sacrificed our lives to the electronic god. It is time that we diligently search the mind and heart of God.

3. JoAnn said

Yes…I want to put Him first, and put aside the things that hinder my walk with Him. Being careful how I live. Like the childern’s song..”Be careful little eyes what you see, be careful little ears what you hear.” Thanks for the reminder that God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. I looked up diligent- “constant in effort to accomplish something; attentive and persistent in doing anything: a diligent student.” I want to be attentive to my Lord and Savior so I can hear what the Holy Spirit is saying to me and understand His will. Oh Lord Jesus, how I need you!!!

Great JoAnn, I thought about giving the definition of the word diligent but then wanted folks to get that themselves and that is exactly what you did……………………bro Frank

4. elisabeth said

Its funny you posted this, I felt like God was telling me not to become part of the borg collective, lol.

5. Steve said

I’ll suggest the word “discipline.” By definition, a DISCIPLE is one under DISCIPLINE.

HI Steve, the thought behind the sentence was diligence in regard to pursuing God being neglected. God is certainly a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Yet in this day and age, distraction seems to be the order of the day. We must be on guard against this and carve out time that belongs to God and Him alone, where we seek Him. This could certainly be described as a discipline……….bro Frank

• Steve said

Absolutely agree, brother. Should have made clearer: each word suggests the other (not replaces the other) because they are so inter-related in the practice of discipleship. Blessings, brother !