The remnant cry!

Posted by appolus on April 4, 2013

The Remnants time is fast approaching brothers and sisters. As surely as the Lord is coming, the cry from the remnant is stirring. Like the inner witness of the Spirit which is beyond definition , so the hearts cry of the Remnant grows and cannot be explained. The Word of God cries out like a beacon of light into the blackness of the current darkness in which we now dwell. We look all around and the walls have been breached. A dreadful famine stalks the land and the people’s faces are gaunt and their spiritual bodies ravaged by a lack of the Word of God preached with power. And a great drought removed the presence of God from most of the land. The drought has turned the land into a featureless desert that is consuming souls. We who walk with the Bread of life and waters that flow from His throne, mourn for what we survey. And the Word of God cries forth ” I will surely assemble all of you O Jacob. I will gather the Remnant of Israel. I will put them together like sheep of the fold. Like a flock in the midst of their pasture. They shall make a loud noise because of so many people ( Micah 2:12 )Praise God for He says ” I will.” It is God Himself who is gathering His people. He is the Shepherd of His people. Even though we are walking through the valley of darkness with the shadow of death all around, it is He who makes us lie down in green pastures. He leads us to the waters of life in a land where there is no rain. It is He who restores the souls of His Remnant flock as they walk the narrow path of righteousness and holiness.

10 Responses to “The remnant cry!”

1. W.E. Smith said

Dear brother, beloved saints, the dragon has come forth to sift us as wheat, and this alone is why so many of those who have given their hearts wholly to Jesus Christ are hurting, are suffering, are confused, are panting after the waterbrook. “Do you love me?” He is asking, and asking again and yet again. Will you lean on Him alone in times of desperation and dissolution? Or men? Spouses? Churches? Groups? Doctrines” All of the many trappings of this religion?Or some internal coping mechanism hidden from sight? Yes I believe in a remnant, those that remain after this sifting, those that overcome in Him alone. Yet I also fell that only He can determine who is part of this group that remains. I will n’ere be so bold as to claim I am one of the remnant, for I know this sifting all too well dear ones, and like Paul, I will never ever judge myself. My own heart gives me away. And so I make no claim. Rather, I want only to know His voice and to place all of my tomorrows in His care. If I cannot see Him and hear Him as He is, then I am ruined already.

There is one thing for sure about a saint, He knows in whom he believes. It’s this knowing that brings us peace and joy for our eternal state is settled in Christ. One is either genuinely saved or one is not. It’s the very testing that proves outwardly what is already known inwardly. When Abraham gets up and goes, when he lifts the knife, these are the tests and the trials of life. The word remnant is an adjective, it describes one whose heart is fully given to the Lord, not one who is perfect, but one whose heart is fully given to his Lord. When the separation of sheep and goats occur, it is just that. When the wheat is separtated from the tares, it is just that. The circumstances that are unfolding, the birth pangs, the coming storm merely identifies the saint, and for purposes of persecution. If I walk along the street and see two houses standing, I cannot see the foundations. Without digging or entering the house, I can only presume that they both stand on a foundation. Now, when the storm comes and the winds blow and rages against the houses, when the storm clears, only the house that has a foundation will still be standing. Now the house knew it had a foundation, but others could not know this. Trials and storms merely reveal what is already there. If all accept the seed , the word, with gladness, then only when the sun rises, when the heat increases can we know if that seed has root. The heat is increasing and only those whose root is deep in Christ will survive the heat. in conclusion, the remnant saint is the whosover will……………..bro Frank

• W.E. Smith said

Permit me to split a few hairs dear saints. Now there are many words out there about Christ being first in one’s life, even being the center of one’s life, or devoting one’s life to Him. This is all well and good but it is not found in the Scriptures anywhere. For this remnant of which our dear brother speaks, He is their life. They have died to themselves and this fallen world, having willingly borne His cross, and they now live in Him. Through Him. As Him. He is the very animating principle and force of their existence. Now this may sound all very esoteric and philosophical, but I assure you this is the most practical element found in the Scriptures. “To live is Christ”, wrote and lived Paul. “To die is gain”.
        This remnant, these ones that remain after the sifting, they no longer live in themselves. They eschew all religion and all mere superficial sentiment. They have moved beyond shadows and types. They do not merely serve Him, they embody Him. They are His Body. Jesus’ miracles attracted great crowds. His words scattered them so only a few, a remnant remained. Did you come to Him for something – peace, healing, belonging, purpose, truth even? Do you see Him merely as a source of something to be added to your existence? Then you will ultimately fall away; you will be unceremoniously sifted. This remnant is not merely saved; they are united in spirit with the One who saved them. They are not merely born again; they are now bound forever into His living essence and force. They don’t merely go to church, they live and move and have their being in Him who is the church. For He is not merely gathering them out but He is also gathering them unto and into Himself.

Magnificently said brother………………..bro Frank

• W.E. Smith said

Just this morning saints this affirmation of the “remnant” from none other than Brother Sparks comes into my email box –

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. (Galatians 5:1 NIV)

There is another word, which just means that which has escaped from slavery and is breathing free air. That is a fine picture, a fine portrait for Overcomers – that which has escaped from slavery and is breathing free air. I dare not stay to interpret that. Some of us, even in our Christian lives and histories, know what it is to escape from slavery. Oh, the old bondage of the Christian system and order, expectation and demand, all the old rota and legality! – to be free of it all! Not only to be raised with Christ, but to have the grave clothes taken off and to be breathing the free air of the spiritually emancipated! That is what this word calls a “remnant,” and that is not something extra to Christianity. It is exactly what you find at the beginning with the Church.

The Lord had cried in the midst of a burdened, tyrannized, religious nation – “Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light” (Matt. 11:28-30). What is the old yoke, the old burden, which has harassed and worn these people so that they are weary to death, drawing out His compassionate appeal – “Come unto Me, and I will give you rest”? It is the old yoke and burden of legalistic religion, ‘thou shalt’ and ‘thou shalt not’: ‘you must’ and ‘you must not’ – the whole system built up like that; a great burden. “They bind heavy burdens,” He said, “and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men’s shoulders, but they themselves will not move them with their finger” (Matt. 23:4). And this word for “remnant” means such as have escaped slavery and are breathing the free air. You find them in the beginning of the book of the Acts. Overcomers are those who go back to the beginning in experience. They do not take up something further which is deeper teaching or fuller light. It is the primal freshness and fullness of Christ that Overcomers represent – unfortunately, in contrast to the general situation.

By T. Austin-Sparks from: Overcomer Testimony – Chapter 2

That is a wonderful confirmation brother, thank you so much for sharing it and of course it is the truth. And there are those who would spy out such liberty, such freedom and seek to re-establish this yoke upon the necks of those who breathe free. The legalizers, those who would come down from ” Jerusalem,” today’s religious men who always seek to control and bring into subjection those who have been freed from a yoke of slavery. And they do it all in the name of Jesus in pious tones but who in their hearts seek to be in control and are the deadliest enemies of those who will not come again under such yoke………bro Frank

3. Lynn Clark said

Brother Appolus I am so encouraged by your Blog here, a breath of fresh air, Jesus is passionate for his precious Rement who is joined to him and he to her, All of heaven rejoyces over this union with Christ and his Rement, In the meantime she is being prepared, made into his very image, being clothed in love and obediance to his commands, his light for such a time as this, looking eternally, his true witnesses in these end of days coming upon us.
    Bless You brother, In His Love, Lynn Clark

Amen sister, we are indeed being prepared for the return of the Bridegroom and the birth pangs have begun…………..bro Frank

4. Lynn Clark said

Yes Brother Appolus, I also believe the Birthpains are upon us, all the more too rejoyce for his precious Remnant whom is being made more and more into his image, his true warriors in these end of days aproaching, whom are set steadfast and unshakable, joined to Jesus, who hunger and thrist for his coming, his true witnesses, whom carry his light, I have seen this very vision I speak of here, their faces lit up as Moses, whom have been in his very presence, ready vessels for his glory.

Brother Appolus please fell free to post on my blog should the spirit lead, we need your voice in these end of days.
    In His Love, Lynn.