Have you touched the glory?

Posted by appolus on September 17, 2012

In John 17 Jesus says “And I have given them the glory which You have given Me, that they may be one, even as We are one, I in them, and You in Me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them as You have loved Me.”
(Joh 17:22-23)

Can I ask you a question? What does that mean to you? What is this glory that God the Father gave to His beloved Son and that He gave to us? In the Gospel of Mark Jesus is asked a question “They said unto him, Grant unto us that we may sit, one on thy right hand, and the other on thy left hand, in thy glory.” (Mar 10:37)
You see, Jesus is in His glory in the throne-room. He has made a way for His disciples and all who follow Him to come into that glory, to come into that throne-room, to come before our heavenly Father. Have you been there brothers and sister? Have you seen His glory? This is a serious question, for if the Lord says He has given us something, do you have it?

In the Lord’s transfiguration it is written “But Peter and those with him were heavy with sleep. But fully awakening, they saw His glory, and the two men who stood with Him.” (Luk 9:32) Have you seen the glory of the resurrected Jesus? Can you say that you have witnessed His glory in your own life? Are you and eye-witness to glory? Or, do you simply believe, give mental assent to a set of truths?The Lord’s Disciples are those who have been given His glory and it changes them , it radically changes them into new creatures in Christ who are ruined for the things of this world.

Was it not necessary for the Christ to suffer these things and to enter into His glory?(Luk 24:26)
Jesus speaks of entering into His Glory and the necessity of the road of Calvary and Gethsemane to bring Him to His place of Glory. Are you willing to suffer to come to such a place? Is there a desire and a willingness to do whatever it takes, to lose whatever it takes, to be rejected by all and scorned by all to come into such a place? Many are called and few are chosen, we know this, this is the words of the Lord. Out of the many who are ” chosen,” and why? God sees the heart and knows. No man can fool God. He does not commit Himself to those with a mere profession. “And as He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, at the feast, many believed in His name when they saw the miracles which He did. But Jesus did not commit Himself to them, because He knew all and did not need that anyone should testify of man. For He knew what was in man.” (Joh 2:23-25)

What is it that holds you back from His glory? Have you sought it with your whole heart? Do you know of anything that would hinder you from experiencing His glory? John 12:42 Still, however, even out of the rulers, many did believe on Him. But because of the Pharisees they did not confess, lest they should be put out of the synagogue; Joh 12:43 for they loved the glory of men more than the glory of God. This is the time to seek the glory of the living God, while it is yet day. For there is a great darkness coming and only those who have oil in their lamps will be able to illuminate the way in the darkness for the Lord is coming. He will give His glory to all who seek it with their whole heart.

But we all, with our face having been unveiled, having beheld the glory of the Lord as in a mirror, are being changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Lord Spirit.(2Co 3:18)

For it is God who said, “Out of darkness Light shall shine;” who shone in our hearts to give the brightness of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.(2Co 4:6)

Have you beheld the glory of the Lord as in a mirror? Do you have the brightness and the beauty of the knowledge of His glory burning at the center of you heart? Now is the time, now is the day, now you must seek Him out in His fullness.

HE LED ME

Before the throne I come to you
No other thing I’d rather do
You led me here, its by your grace
You took me to this holy place

And in your arms I now reside
Under your wings is where I hide
I never want to leave this place
I want to gaze upon your face

Deep in the heart of Christ my King
The only place where I can sing
I pray this song shall never end
For you’re my Christ, my Lord, my friend

I once was blind and could not see
And then you came and set me free
I now can fly and soar with wings
And in this place my spirit sings

Wont you come and fly with me?
Come and see what I can see
He’ll take you to that holy place
Where you can see His holy face

So if it’s dark right where you are
You must believe that He’s not far
Reach out your hand and take His hand
Before the throne you’ll surely stand

And in the light of Christ you’ll see
The one who died and set you free
No more to roam this world alone
Now to live before His throne

5 Responses to “Have you touched the glory?”

1. Karen Russell said

I have touched the glory of the Lord and nothing else satisfies nor sustains me in my darkest hrs. Nothing. I was told recently by an ex high ranking person, “looking at the state of the world. and all that is going on globally really scares me.” I replied humbly but in all honesty, it doesn’t scare me in that the Lord may be coming soon but excites me so much. He replied “but I’m not where you are at spiritually yet. Yet, I loved hearing that – yet. But I will said too in all honesty I have fear and I pray about it. I can honestly pray Lord I believe please help my unbelief in this one thing. I fear under the worst circumstances of recanting. Flesh is weak. I’ve seen two doc.’s that really stuck with me – one regarding a precious saint tortured so much in a China prison he finally recanted. When allowed to be released he could hardly bear the shame. Though I believe God recieved him for repenting what if I recanted & died b/f I could repent bothers me. Then I saw a Jewish woman spy tortured unbelievably for many yrs but she never gave in, yet I trembled at all that was done to her and couldn’t even watch it or hear it all. These torturings are stilll realities today. And growing everyday for Christians around the world. I fear my own weakness of the if ever… I pray and stay open about my faith and as real as I can that’s all I know to do…… But that glory, Yes, I’ve touched that glory as the woman who touched His hem & as Jacob who wrestled with the angel.. I will never forget or let it go and pray I’ll not waste it or let it wain. Though it has wained, it is the greatest experience of my life, when glory came down & Jesus and God my Father touched my soul. I want my sins that arise w/in me to keep me humble. I hate whenever pride rises up. I hate pride, I hate it. So selfish, glory seeking this pride. When God alone deserves all the glory. How insignificant we are w/out him when all but He in us passes away & literally carries us to the glory. Our Jesus, Our creator, Our passage to God the Father & eternal rest and present peace. This was a good post for me today to read at the end of my day. Business helped with what started out a very meloncally even remorseful state of mind I literally awoke to. Still the burdens for loved ones is so great. And satans attacking of a past life. Why do people say you have to let them go. Why was Jeremiah the weeping prophet? Or why did Paul say if I could be accursed for my brethren?…if we are to let them go? Jesus never let Me go! I get not trying to run someones life. But genuinely not wanting one to perish to the point of tears as I type I can’t seem to help. Especially over my very own. Yet because I have touched the glory I can and am able to walk away from all, Separating oneself from anothers issues is one thing, but grieving b/f the Lord for their souls sake…isn’t that a normal thing for a Christian? This has become a silent grief for no one seemed to get me in times past over this. So I keep it to myself. I am willing to suffer… you asked, my prayer is that I touch His glory again as I did once before. How it wained for me was because I sought comradary in loved ones so much He lost His rightful position. Then I became depressed and looked to other means to cover my guilt and grief and threw myself into making money for temporal things thinking I could enjoy those fruits and win some hearts. Only Jesus will change hearts, I let His constant presence slip away. No, when you touch the glory it can never be completely forgotten. And only that intimate intercourse between that blessed trinity will ever satisfy once it has ever been experienced. So for me I journey back to that blessed place before I see Him face to face. This is my truest mission. To be fully His and know it w/out a doubt, and rid of this guilt for wandeirng as far as I did. Though I’m closer now than I was after my wandering I am not back where I once was. I will be. I did not become like Judas. I simply sought the favor of loved ones because of lack of true christian fellowship for so long. He matters more to me than all & I will embrace Him completely once again before I see Him face to face. Then all will join me or not. My eyes will stay fixed on Him. That is where my greatest hope for my loved ones lie. To say follow me as I follow Christ and unashamedly steadfastly march on, eyes wide open, undecieved by the falsehoods that surround us and heaven bound. Thanks for posting. You blessed the end of a very long day and also I loved & shared the All the Kings Horses Song. Peace & blessings in Christ. Karen.

Dear sister Karen. This is the perfect reply to my post. Thank you for your honesty. This is the Christian story, this is the glory, this is the experience that ruins you for life, this is the story that brings a person back, this is the story that brings David back and he cries out ” create in me a clean heart O Lord and renew a right spirit within me, cast me not away from thy presence O Lord, take not thy Holy Spirit from me, restore unti me the joy of my salvation.” This is the cry that only the heart that has touched the glory can make. I hear this cry in you sister and i have that cry in my own heart and every single genuine saint who has touched the glory I have heard that cry from. Till the day that we die we continue to hunger and thisrt after Him. This glorious paradox of finding Him yet continuing to seek Him. To many have found Him and then the journey is over. We are compelled to press in, draw near, come to Him, hear Him knocking at the door and get up and open the door, always there is movement on our part. We continully strive towards the glories of heavn and our journey’s end. There is no sitting back on laurels in the Kingdom of God, no resting on past victories or experiences. Our God is the God of today, the God of now, the God of the present. We llok back only to remember and glorify Him for what He has done, not for food for today and tomorrrow. We only gather enough and if we try to use yesterdays food for tomorrow’s lunch we will find that it has will not sustain. Once heavens food is tasted all other food is foul tasting. And once we have drunk from the waters that flow from the throne all other waters are rancid……………… bro Frank

• Karen Russell said

“Once heavens food is tasted all other food is foul tasting. And once we have drunk from the waters that flow from the throne all other waters are rancid” Amen Bro Amen. Oh dear brother. I had a testimony to post but it was so full of emotion I posted it in a private place. It seemed so raw for after the glory of the morning the day didn’t end so great in the fellowship @ 2 Bible studies. Today I awoke to a phone call. Once again the Lord showed hisself strong & mighty in battle for the brokenhearted. Jesus coming down & moving in a lost heart to call me > just to keep me encouraged to “carry on my love, carry on.” What a glorious and yet grievious day for me. I awoke to the Lord moving in a soul I Never hear from months on end calling me. 1 missed call, 2 got it, 3 call back but was gone. This the very source of much grief mentioned in the above to 2 Bible studies with not much urgency. My heart aches but I in many ways am no better. My sins are just different…….Thank you for the encouraging words. Oh do be blessed by fellowship. Must we be in China to be so transparent? God forgive us all…..Karen

2. alex said

wow, I love this blog and anxiously wait for each new entry. I can so identify with all that you talk about. The last posting, actually this one identified how I was feeling and unable to myself describe it. I experienced this Glory about three months ago while my wife was away for three weeks. I had the house to myself and was able to be in a constant environment of praise, worship and prayer. I won’t go into the details at this time, but it changed my life. It seemed like it was even bigger than when I first was born again. My wife is still in awe about my change. any way, I have a question. I have a Levis commercial come up on your sight, and it has almost naked women putting on Levis jeans. Are you aware of this? Should I even be bringing this up? It just seemed odd. I love you brother.

Hi brother, I am glad that you are blessed and I can really relate to this encounter that you had with the Lord, praise the Lord brother. As for the commercials, I cant see them and it is very unfortunate that they do that. Its part of the price I think for this free blog, I have thought seriously about paying for it because then it would be commercial free. I would not allow commercials and obviously I do not profit from them, I always just wanted a place where people can come and be blessed and that each post would be able to stand the test of time so that it can go on blessing even if I am not around. I will look into paying for the site so as brothers and sisters will not have to look at these commercials. Thanks for raising the issue, God bless you brother…………………..bro Frank