A Call to the Remnant!

Posted by appolus on May 14, 2010

A CALL TO THE REMNANT

“Now I want you to see three paradoxes. To be happily forgiven, and yet wounded with perpetual contrition. To be correct in the finished work of another and yet feel so sympathetic and compassionate as though the burden lay on you heart. And finding God and yet pursuing God, of having Him, yet always wanting Him.” (Tozer)

The above quote describes the Remnant church of God. Who are these Remnant souls? Well, they are those who are genuinely saved and have a hunger and thirst for God Himself. They are scattered to the four winds and the Lord knows who the hungry hearts are. The question is , have you been wounded by Christ? The remnant saint knows the pain of having been wounded at the very core of His heart. Its the pain of being in love. If you had a child or a husband who went off to war, would not your heart long with the deepest pain, to see your loved one return? Its that kind of longing only its more than that. Its the very seat of our affections.

This love, by virtue of having it, will compel you to walk a lonely path. Most will never understand you. You will see things that those around you do not see. Eze 9:4  And Jehovah said to him, Go through in the midst of the city, in the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark on the foreheads of the men who are groaning and are mourning because of all the abominations that are done in her midst.

The people of God that were marked were the remnant. Judgment was coming but the remnant were marked on their foreheads. They groaned and were in mourning for the condition of Jerusalem. Do you groan, are you in mourning for the state of the church? Will you heart be satisfied with anything less than to walk in the presence of the Living God? Have you tasted of the heavenly food and drunk from the waters of life? Has it ruined you for everything? If not, do you desire to? Have you left your first love? If you have answered yes to any of these questions then you belong to the Remnant church of God. This church has been known by many names down through the centuries, the Waldenses, Albigenses, Lollards and Hussites and Brethren. Anabaptists and Moravians, the list goes on. God has always had a witness in the land, He has always had His Remnant that would not “bow the knee to Baal.” In answer to Elijah’s remarks that he alone was left, God replied
 Rom 11:4  “I have reserved to Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.”
Rom 11:5  Even so then, also in this present time a remnant according to the election of grace has come into being.
Even so brothers and sisters, God has , in this present time, a Remnant.

The Remant man or woman carries their cross. Carrying a cross is a lonely business. Its their very lonliness that compels them to seek an even closer walk with the Lord. The trials of the cross, the narrowness of the path, the desert and wilderness that often stretches out before you, a lack of fitting in, no ackowledgement of anything that you do, what you do you do in secret, you only seek to see the Lord high and lifted up. You often despair at your own walk even although people tell you what a man or woman of God you are, you hear that and it makes you cringe because you know how far you fall short of a God that you have seen high and lifted up. You continually seek Him, you live for the next encounter with Him. You know that it is only a moment but there will come a time when it will be an eternity. You long for everyone to radically encounter the Living God for themselves. You hear people say that they would like your anointing and you wonder. You wonder if they could walk through the refining fires of the living God. Would they really want their whole lives dismatled piece by piece? Would they like to find themselves in a place of total despair? Would they like the bread of adversity and the waters of afflictions to be their teachers? God’s Remnant people walk this path.

The remnant know that just as the world hated their Lord and crucified Him, they too will be hated and killed all the day long for His names sake. And just as He arose, they know that they too will arise. As they draw nearer to “the one who was pierced,” and He pours out His Spirit on them and they become more like Him, then the same forces that came against their Jesus, hell and all its fury, will come against them. They know that “unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it abides alone, but if it dies it brings forth much fruit.

We are calling a gathering of the Remnant. Will you come and join us and cry out to God? We seek to gather together and allow God to move amongst us. We seek to give Him the freedom and the pre-eminence to move as He sees fit. The hearts of the speakers will be prepared, but the sermons will be unprepared. However the Lord leads us in prayer and worship, out of the overflow of His presence the speakers will speak. Come and hear what God has to say to His Remnant people. Will God step down? We desire nothing less, this is our hearts cry!

10 Responses to “A Call to the Remnant!”

1. Chrystal said

I don’t ache…I don’t mourn…I don’t groan…but I want to. I pray that God sees the bend in my heart to desiring what He desires, even when I’m caught up in the busyness and beauty that life offers. I want to be marked as an intercessor. I want to be faithful–to stand in the gap and speak the truth in love. Too often, however, I get lazy–comfortable in the way things have always been, and lethargic because flying in the face of society is always painful. How do you stay joyful in seasons of mourning, or cry out in longing pain when God grants you a brief reprieve from battle? How do we crucify self to the extent that we experience His heart for others? I’m still too far into the mindset of, “if it doesn’t bother me, I won’t stress out about it.”

A stirring, inspiring word, as always!

I like this comment, its very honesty makes it refreshing. Chrystal, if you are having a reprieve from the battle, you enjoy it sister. To have a reprieve from the battle means that you have been in the battle. Enjoy it, for you never know what is coming next 🙂 The closer we press into Jesus, the more we experience His heart for others, whether its for the lost or even just for our brothers and sisters in Christ. 1st John says that we will “know them by their love for one another.” And we know that “For God so loved the world,” and we want to have “His mind,” in these matters. To me, it comes in encounter. encounter with the Living God. Moving in His presence. HIs presence comes when we move in obedience and humility, when we are of a broken and contrite heart. So pursuing holiness and righteousness, making sure that out hands are clean and our hearts are pure, putting no obtacle in the way of coming into His presence. To the degree we are abandoned to Him, then we will be able to walk closer to Him. If one has experienced such an encounter with the Lord, that one will never be able to be satisfied with the the things of this world, we will begin to get all of our pleasures from being with Him. Does that mean you cannot appreciate the beauty of a sunrise? 🙂 No. A wonderful meal? 🙂 No. The beauty of our relationships with our spouses and children ? 🙂 No. Bu all of it will m=be a mere second place to Him. We , if we truly desire this kind of walk, will be able to pray, and mean it “Lord, whatever it takes.” Now, I would advise any one out there not to pray that prayer unless they really mean it. It is the most serious of prayers and perhaps God will take you at your word. Who know what nit will take to refine some of us in the fire. Who knows how hot the fire would have to be ? God knows. Can we open ourselves up to that prayer? Hopefully 🙂 ……………..brother Frank

2. Johnny said

You been watching me???? LOL!!! Brother, it’s been a while since I’ve commented here, but I suppose today is God’s timing. What a message!! My life in a nutshell. God ruined me for this world about 25 years ago, and although I was already an outcast and misfit, that was just preparation for the life He destined me for. I’ve often said that I wouldn’t take anything for the character and insights that He has given to me, but that I wouldn’t want to go through what I’ve gone through again to get here, nor would I wish it on anyone else (in the natural, that is). But, when it’s all said and done, it’s for the Bride that we suffer and share in His humiliation. I know that it will not be in vain, as there is a payday coming!

If you get a moment, Frank, read the dream that the Lord gave me last night. I just posted it to my blog.

God bless you, my brother. Keep pressing on!

Hey Johnny, I just read your dream. Awesome. It reminded me of the burning bush. Although it burned it was not consumed. Seeems like the church has spent quite a long time in the wilderness, time for an encounter with the burning bush? We know that where the Lord is, it is holy ground. May Christians have the courage to share the Gospel with Muslims, in fact may we have the Spirit that we may love and pray for those who hate us and would kill us, the same Holy Spirit that gave Stephen a vision even as he was being stoned to death. May also that which is of the flesh be consumed in the fire and that which is left walk in the Spirit. The refining fire get leaves behind that which is truly gold………brother Frank

3. Kory said

Hello brother -I was led by the spirit to give you this website. Hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I always do. She started reieving visions from God when she was 4. If you have an email I would love to stay in contact with you. http://www.artakiane.com/gallery.html

-We have been through fire, we have been through pain, we have been refined by the power of Your Name. We have grown deeper in love with You, You’ve earned the truth on our lips.

Yours in our Beloved
    Kory

4. Anonymous said

Elisabeth/Scotland.
    Hello to all who use this truly edifying and encouraging site. I thank God for this dear brother Appolus, as do you all, I`m sure. I join with you in asking the Lord to continue to pour His wisdom, His understanding and His discernment, into and through this brother.

Today 27 June 2010 the Lord gave me the following word to share with you all:

“There is a shifting of opinion and a turning away from My Truth. Many are being drawn into deception through their hunger to search into deep things. Things which appeal and lure but the end therein is death. Choose My ways. Choose My Truth. Choose My path. By My Spirit I will lead you into all Truth. I will demonstrate My Truth through My people in ways that will truly glorify My Name. I will have a people who are alive by My Spirit and quickened in perception like a well honed instrument. A people who will show forth Who I am. I will keep them from the deception that is creeping upon the whole earth. I will lift them above the tide of evil. I will walk with them and uphold them. I will speak into their hearts. I will cause My people to unite by My Spirit. There will be a coming together but not by man`s doing. I will bring the outcast of My people to sit at my table which I am preparing in your midst. I will gather together as one all who call upon My Name from pure hearts. All who are known by Me.
    There will be many who think of Me by tradition and deny My living Spirit.

I hear the speeches made by dignitaries and those in authority who mingle pleasant words drawn from stagnant cisterns, in their endeavours to establish a false hope. Their hearts are vain repetition carrying forth orations borne not by My Spirit. I see the net being cast upon My people with their new laws and edicts that would endeavour to confine, restrict and silence My Spirit. These endeavours of the ungodly against My people will be as nothing. Is there one who is able to silence the wind or to stay its course with a word? The wind blows where it will and though you hear its sound, yet you neither know where it comes from nor where it goes. So it is with every one who is born of the Spirit.

Do they not know that it is by My Spirit that the heavens and earth are spread in order – things seen and unseen? The Word of My power establishes Who I am. I will demonstrate through My people that I am the living God. By My Spirit I will build where demolition and desolation have been wrought. I will rage against the threatening voices that would instil fear and confusion in My People.

Seek Me with all of your heart, My people, for I desire that you will know your God and do great exploits.

The desert sand is shifting, the mountain rocks are melting, the sea-beds are deepening, the whole earth is groaning and travailing and man sets his targets on change.

My people, set your focus on Me, for I will set My Son upon the clouds and He will come as the fulfilment of all things.

Seek Me above all the tumult and change. Seek Me above all. Seek Me with your entirety. I will be found of you and I will sustain you through the tempest. I will work My works through My people whom I am building into a living Body and the gates of hell will not prevail against it.”

5. Elisabeth said

Appolus the above was not intended to be `anonymous` – apologies!
    Elisabeth

HI Elisabeth, thank you so much for this word. My spirit witnesses with it and it is edifying. There is a coming movement, a coming of the Lord’s people and indeed it will not be of man’s doing, the call will be from the Lord Himself and He will call the hungry and the thirsty…………brother Frank

6. Elisabeth said

hello brother – I have just watched your video clip of the Church in China and am overwhelmed at God`s wonderful work amongst the farmers and house churches all over the area! God is building and the work is His alone! Those dear Christians have truly forsaken all of their `self` lives and are over-flowing with the outworking of God`s amazing grace to all who abandon themselves to His will. Every tear that is streaming from their dear faces is stored in `His bottle` and the joy of the Lord is truly their strength! I join with all my brothers and sisters in the West who are crying out to God for His almighty deluge that will cause the parched selfishness over here to be swept away. How pampered we seem to be, compared with our persecuted brothers and sisters in the world. There lies the answer.

“..unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it abideth alone..”

Abandon all of self? We cannot do it without God`s enabling. It has to be His doing.

The real love of God is so evident amongst those Chinese Christians – I cannot imagine selfishness in their hearts. How many times do we see `well-off` Church members enjoy their ease and not even be aware of the needs of those who sit around them? Needs of every kind. We cannot `walk as Jesus walked` unless we cry out until He occupies every part of our heart and truly mean `Reign in me`.

Thank you brother Frank for sharing so much.
    Elisabeth

Hi Elisabeth. Its does seem that down through the ages, the persecuted church has been the strongest most passionate church. I was at a church last year where the visiting speaker had spoke at a conference in Hong Kong. On one side of the convention center were Christians from the west, and on the other side were Chinese Christians. They were not seperated, it just happened that thos alike seemed to sit together 😦 Anyway, he knew that there were Chinese Christians there who had sold what they had and risked much to be there. As he began to speak, he noticed that every so often there was a ripple of excitement than ran through the Chinese side. He struggled in his mind to figure out what was going on, he knew his sermon was not that exciting. Then he figured it out. Every time he mentioned the name of Jesus, the Chinese side got excited, and the western side just sat there attentively listening. The very name of Jesus caused a ripple through the chineses side because He was there eveything, their very life, their food on the table, the one they loved above all else. Until we get that excitement back in the West, until He is our everything, our very existance, life itself, we will continue to be, at best, a luke warm church. The church of the west needs a radical encounter with the living God, so radical that they are abandoned to Him. When that happens, then we will beging again to be a true expression to the world, of who He is…………..Frank