Not a single Holy Spirit filled man left In Evangelicalism?

Posted by appolus on September 24, 2015

Let me go out on a limb a little bit and prophesy. I see the time coming when all the holy men whose eyes have been opened by the Holy Spirit will desert worldly evangelicalism, one by one. The house will be left desolate and there will not be a man of God, a man in whom the Holy Spirit dwells, left among them ( A.W.Tozer, The Dangers of a Shallow Faith, pg 14)

I believe with all of my heart that Tozer was indeed prophesying as he claimed. One by one men are leaving the Evangelical world behind. The world has invaded the modern church and men whose eyes have been opened by the Holy Spirit simply cannot stay. Now if you count yourself in that number, be prepared. You will be torn to shreds. You will be accused of division. You will be accused of pride and arrogance. You will be accused of being about the enemies work. Yet can I tell you, that men and women whose eyes have been opened by the Holy Spirit can only see what He has shown them.

Yes it will be lonely and yes you will question yourself and yes you will try everything that you do and every thought that you have by Scripture and by the Spirit of God in you. The accusations of men will ultimately fail because they cannot say anything to you that you have not said to yourself. You have tried your conscience in the fires of affliction. You have suffered loss and found yourself to still be standing. Standing on something, something immovable in an ever-changing world. The Solid Rock of Christ underneath your feet allows you to stand even as everything around you is shaking. Stand fast brothers and sisters, we are living in strange times. We have not seen these times before. This is not the cyclical times of revival and lukewarmness. This is the days of His coming. This is the days of a darkness the like of which we have not seen before.

Men will lecture you from history, men whose eyes have not been opened by the Holy Spirit. While we can learn many things from the past and from the great men of God who have went before us, only God can speak to us of the times in which we live and the times which are shortly to come to pass. This is the work of the Holy Spirit, He speaks to His people in the here and the now. He leads them and He guides them and He prepares them. Only He can do that. So, it is vital that our eyes are opened to the world in which we find ourselves. This opened eyed revelation from the Spirit will cause conflict among men, has it ever not been so? So my brothers and sisters, stay the course and stand upon the ground delivered unto you. When men accuse you of things then you are blessed in heaven above and these blessings from heaven will sustain you. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

16 Responses to “Not a single Holy Spirit filled man left In Evangelicalism?”

1. You’ve hit a tender spot, brother. 🙂 Feeling like a pilgrim with you. 🙂

Sometimes in our great world of knowledge and experience the Lord brings us back to the relearning and refocusing of His foundational truths. To a place where we are stripped to our studs so our foundation that may have some hairline cracks and chips can be restored, giving us stronger walls and beams to experience even more of God’s goodness. Sometimes we go through a season of intense refocus, intense relearning. [ 892 more words. ]

2. abkeyte said

Awesome word my brother! This is accurate and I am sorry it is. Yet, the days we have to hold on are getting shorter as the King draws nearer! God bless you in the matchless mighty name of Yeshua, the Holy Anointed One! Though we may stand alone – we are not really alone. Thank you Father for eyes to see and ears to hear! Thank you Father that we are among your chosen ones! Thank you Father for the privilege of seeing all we shall see!

3. Viviana said

Yes, I can affirm to this message.
    Really hard sometimes, don’t fit with the Christians neither with the no Christians.
    Lonely place but Jesus is coming to get his church, soon, very soon.
    How true, narrow is the path.
    God bless you brother.

Hi Viviana, I believe it will get harder and harder to fit in and the ramifications for not fitting in will only increase, but those who know and love the Truth will stand upon that sure place………………..Frank

• suez62 said

Viviana, very true words sister. I’m not a preacher, but have been looking for a true church, and a true man of God preaching at one for over 15 years. Still haven’t found one, and I pray for the Lords leading, and he tells me nothing. So, I sit here alone. But, better that, then to get mixed up in false doctrine. Been there, done that. I know so well, what your saying. Even if I could find a couple ladies in my area that believed as I do, I would be grateful for the fellowship. Can’t see to find that either. Like you say, I just don’t fit in. To bad we didn’t live close!! We could not fit in together…LOL

• Viviana said

Hello Suez62: yes sister and is hard to see all my woman friends that I had where I live for 37 years, stop talking to me because of my believe.
        You know how we woman share our daily life and emotions (I don’t know if man do the same) we talk about what is going on in our life’s and family life.
        Well when in those conversations I always bring up Jesus and the word of our God us the solution or the guidance for every situation.
        That alone takes all your not sound doctrine Christians friends and your not Christians friends far away.
        My family are also not Christians, so all we have is Jesus and the Bible.
        Hard times but we are never really alone, we call to the Holy Spirit that is within us and he will gives us the love and company that we so much desire.
        Not easy but Jesus told us it was going to be like this.
        God bless you sister and remember we are never, ever alone.
        With my love in Christ to you.
        Viviana

4. Thank you for speaking out brother, thank You God for edifying Your church, for not leaving us as orphans or without a comforter.

5. Perhaps you should consult with the Holy Spirit filled women, or better yet, let them teach the men how to be more spiritual.

Hi Jamie, there are many wonderful Spirit filled women who have been and are still sharing the truth which the Holy Spirit has opened them up to………………….bro Frank

6. Christine Howard said

I wanted to impart to you just how much your letters speak to myself and 4 close friends of mine. We are going through a wilderness that God has brought us to and much like with Elijah and the raven, your words are like the bread and meat that God alone feeds us as we wait. It has been 4 years since we have been placed here and we trust Him as we wait and He is faithful. Thank you.

Hi Christine, I was very humbled to read your words to me. There is a wilderness that God has brought about but God has His Church in the desert. God bless you guys, maybe one day I will get up to your neck of the woods and we can fellowship, then there would be five :)……………bro Frank

7. Frank, I saved this article back in 2015 and read it periodically. Today was one of those days. My heart was in need of being reminded. So nearly 2 years after your initial writing and my reading, it stands even more true.