Digging deeper-getting closer.

Posted by appolus on January 14, 2016

To be filled with the Spirit of God is to have come through feelings, disturbance, anxiety, disappointments and emptiness. When you reach that place of despair, when you have gone to the last person and you have written the last editor, when you have followed the last evangelist around, and hunted down the last fellow to counsel with you-when no man can help you anymore and you are in a state of inward despair-this is when you will recognize that you are near the place where God can finally do what He wants to do for you. When there comes that despair with self, that emptying out of you and that inner loneliness, you are getting close.(Tozer)

This is the most difficult place for the saint on the journey home. Tozer says it well, you are getting closer. When all the world has lost its appeal to you When you find yourself wandering in the wasteland dunes of anxiety and emptiness and disappointments, know that God is near. You must know it for you will not feel it. Keep walking saint, this is the desert place known as despair. No man or woman can help you. This is simply between you and God and the refiners fire. You will be tested in this. God is looking for a people who seek to worship Him with their whole hearts.

And if you think that all of your troubles are without purpose then you are wrong saint. There is a purpose in every trial, in every trouble, in every disappointment. There is a purpose in every step you take through the desert of despair and loneliness. Yes indeed you must pass through these places in order to continue the journey home on the narrow path, it is true that there are no short-cuts, no way around these difficult places of death. The enemy will whisper in your ear when you seem to be surrounded by darkness and defeat ” what was it all about.” He will ask you to consider the possibility that your life has been for nothing and that there has been no purpose in any of your suffering. Liar! Brothers and sisters, he is a liar and I know I speak to someone who needs to hear that today.

Psa 84:6 Who passing through the valley of Baca make it a well; the rain also filleth the pools.

The Valley of Baca, the valley of weeping, the valley of tears. The road to the altar, the tabernacle, traverses many valleys. Some are narrow some are deep . There is no avoiding them. You will shed tears in these valleys. You will often times feel abandoned in these valleys. What should you do as you travel through these valleys? Dig deeper. Dig holes in these valleys brothers and sisters. These valleys are without rain and it would seem to many that they will surely die as they go through it. You will not die. So why should you stop and dig holes in this valley. Why not rush through as quickly as possible? The truth is, this valley cannot be rushed. No matter how much you run, to the left or the right, you have to go through the valley. Even if you run straight ahead, the valley will last exactly how long it is supposed to last. So, when you stop in the midst of it, when you resist the urge to panic and fear, when you embrace the fact that this valley has to be gone through, these “dark nights of the soul,” will become an oasis and a place of refreshment to those who have faith and continue to trust in the Lord.

You will not be tempted more than you are able. The Lord has not abandoned you. He will minister to you. When you dig deeper, you are emptying yourself in preparation to receive the Lords presence. He will come to you on your journey, on your pilgrimage , in your deepest valleys. And to those who dig, their holes will be filled abundantly when the flash flood of His rain comes. The steeper the valley, the bigger the flood. The holes ensure that when the flood ends, their will be pools of water left over that will not only minister to you, but will comfort and encourage those who come along behind you, for remember, there is only one path, the narrow one, and all must traverse it. Let your tears fall saints, your tears shall remain. They shall refresh another. Stand fast brothers and sisters. You keep on walking no matter how dark it has become. You are surrounded by troubles on every side and inwardly there are fears? You are not alone, this is the path and you are where you should be and it shall not overcome you.

Inside of you lies the treasures of God, inside that earthen vessel. You have been called to comfort those with the comfort you yourself have been comforted with along the way. When you pass through this place of death and you are not overcome, you will testify of it and comfort others and glorify God. Remember saints, we are always bearing about in the body, the dying of the Lord Jesus, the life of the cross, the way of sacrifice, that the life of Jesus may be manifested in our lives. The greater the trial the closer our God. You say ” but this trial is such that I cannot feel Him, I cannot sense His presence.” Saints, one of the greatest trials of all is trust. Our foundation is built upon faith. The enemy will try to pull you down and destroy you by coming against the very foundation of your life, your faith. Your life in the Spirit stands upon faith in Jesus. Stand today brother, stand today sister.

Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Wait upon the Lord and He will come to you. Wait, wait, keep waiting, keep trusting, keep abiding, keep praying, keep trusting, keep praising, keep reading His word. You will not faint, you will not fall in this desert. When the rain comes and it will come, you will walk and you will run and you will mount up with wings as eagles and you will revel in the presence of God. One day, one moment in His presence is better than a thousand elsewhere. In one moment, in one word, in one breath of the Holy Spirit there is life and eternity and hope and joy. One more thing brothers and sisters, and never doubt this. Your Father loves you. He sees you. He has not forgotten you. His love for you is an everlasting love. His thoughts towards you cannot be numbered, they are greater than the sands of the seashore. Stand fast in this and know that you are known. Let you tears fill the valleys, none are lost.

13 Responses to “Digging deeper-getting closer.”

1. Robert Taylor said

Brother Frank…….I am going through just exactly the trials you have described. This article came to my in box at the exact time that i needed it. Those words you quoted about when a saint gets to the end of thier rope….”know that God is near. You must know it, for you can,t feel it.”…How that so fits the present time i am going through. These words helped me more than a little bit bro. Frank. Thank you my friend……Robert

Dear bro Frank, I am so glad that the Lord spoke to you through this. As with all of my writing, I am writing from experience so I can relate to where you are bro. After writing this word this morning, the Holy Spirit laid upon my heart an old hymn I have not sung for years ” All hail the power of Jesus’ name.” In my spirit’s eye I could see a great multitude around the throne singing ” Bring forth the Royal Diadem.” For just a moment I was transported to another place, a coronation that thrilled my soul. In this world I would never be invited to a coronation of any royalty. Yet in the Kingdom of God I am invited to throne of Almighty God my Father. This caused my spirit to soar…………….bro Frank

2. Coleen said

How awesomely amazing is our God!! Thank you bro Frank for this post as it serves as a confirmation to a picture the Holy Spirit showed me yesterday while in prayer.
    At first I did not understand what I was shown.. It was a scene of a round pit been dug in very red ground.

The scripture I got was Isaiah 12:3
    Therefore with JOY we will DRAW WATER from the wells of SALVATION..

And I realised to have a well costs work by digging.
    JOYFULLY we must draw the water from the wells..
    Jesus Christ is our JOY and JOY is our STRENGTH in the LORD.
    Jesus Messiah is our SALVATION.
    From HIM who is our Saviour and Strength we draw the LIVING WATER.

And in the valleys of despair… We find our STRENGTH by drawing water from the wells.

Oh Lord we praise You for our valleys for we know that soon You will lead us up the Mountain to PRAISE and WORSHIP You.

Stay blessed saints

Amen Coleen! In this world we dig wells and they are often marred with blood, trials and tribulations. I praise the Lord that our valleys can become our mountains……………bro Frank

3. immo51 said

Brother Frank,
    Thank you for your words of encouragement through our “Helper” (John 16;7), The Holy Spirit. John 4:23 is a verse that God has opened my heart up to as of late as it describes how we are to worship our Abba Father. ” But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.” This verse also reveals that the Creator of everything, is “seeking such to worship Him.” Imagine our Creator who does not need anything from us, Acts 17:24-25, loves us so much that He sent His only begotten SON to shed His blood for us. It is all LOVE! Our Abba Father wants a relationship with us, to draw us to Him through the “Helper.” God knew from the beginning of time that we could not do anything on our own, we fail miserably every time. But, He is with us, Acts 17:27 we just have to come to Him “in Spirit and Truth.” This key revelation to a relationship with God is an individual thing! One on one! God wants to have a Love relationship with each of us. Please, get rid of all the “man-made” stuff of this world and seek a true relationship with your Father. His arms are wide open awaiting His chosen to come to Him in Spirit and Truth.
    Thank you brother Frank!
    In Christ Jesus

4. Renee said

Brother Frank, you have ministered to me more than you will ever know. Thank you sir.

I’ve be in the “valley of despair” ever since the beginning of the year. I spent most of 2015 in intense intercession, supplication and wrestling. Now, there’s this “nothingness”. You have confirmed what the Holy Spirit has been speaking to my spirit.

Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.

God bless you Renee. I have found these seasons can also coincide with the work of the Spirit. The fact that you were interceding and wrestling and making supplications very probably brought you into the very forefront of spiritual warfare, in fact many who have responded today I believe will be suffering from spiritual warfare as well. In that case I just want to take this opportunity to bind the principalities and powers in the mighty name of Jesus that would seek to afflict or take advantage of the saints. Lord thank you for encouraging your saints……………..bro Frank

5. Dick Olson said

I am one of those you referred to who needed to hear this message. The despair, loneliness and the complete exhaustion of other helps or things— narrowed down to Christ at last but await His coming. You have given renewed hope– thanks so much.

6. Cynthia said

How true. Such a reflection of what and where I am at this point. Thank you, brother, for posting such an encouraging word. Blessings…

God bless you Cynthia……………..bro Frank

8. Susan Kelly said

I am another one who needed to hear this message. Thank you!