The great persecution that is soon to come upon the Church

Posted by appolus on June 24, 2012

Hi Saints, I would like to speak about a subject that really has been the driving force behind much of what I have written in the last few years and this piece will be of no surprise to those who have read even a small amount of what I have written on this site. Obviously I am not of the pre-trib rapture position. And that is the last you will hear me mention any such phrases because I believe if we use certain phrases then we simply get pigeon- holed. Enough to say that I would soundly reject the very premise of the ” Left behind” series. We will go through the great tribulation and we will suffer and most of us who are alive at that time will be martyred.

Now, the many positions that Christians take on last days are well documented. I would encourage everyone to read the Scriptures and allow the Holy Spirit to lead and guide you into the truth. Do not follow men and the teachings of men on these matters. You must be convinced in your spirit of these things that are shortly to come to pass. Now, as one who went to Bible school and who aced his ” premillennial dispensationalism,” class ( should have got the A just for being able to say and spell it) I could certainly give you the historical views of the three main positions and would also be able to tell you about the birth of dispensationalism and the pre-trib-rapture theory. But, I am not going to do that. You can certainly do the research yourself and come to your own conclusions. As I said, ultimately the Holy Spirit has to teach you and lead you and guide you. In this article I am just going to share with you my burden and what I believe is shortly to come to pass. You, of course, are free to agree or to disagree or take what you will and leave the rest.

I believe that persecution is coming to the Church, the Remnant, whoever truly belongs to Jesus. I do not believe that God’s hand will be stayed in this because I believe that He has His purpose and that it is part of the prophetic calendar. So let me lay out for you how I ” see,” the times that are approaching. There is something that we call Christendom. To me, that is everything that calls itself by the name of Christ. This would include every denomination, including Catholics, Pentecostals, Baptists, Evangelicals a host of Non-denominational churches and the man in the street who does not go to any church but if you were to push him, he would call himself either a believer or a Christian.

Now let me say plainly, I believe that only a very small percentage of that which calls itself Christian is in fact true born-again, new creature in Christ, sold out disciples of Jesus. Various men have given numbers over the years, Ravenhill once said that he reckoned only 7% of professing Christians in America were actually Christians. The truth is, I have no idea. I do know that Jesus said that many were called but few were chosen and that the road to heaven was a narrow one and few there were that found it. That’s not so complicated and I see no need to complicate it further by adding to what Jesus said.

And so, how will the persecution come about and who will persecute the saints of God, martyring them and believing they are doing God a favor by doing it? Well, I believe that the vast majority of Christendom that is not saved will soon morph into the great whore church. What is this great whore church? Well it will be a church that will bring together the major religions of the world under one roof. Islam, Judaism and Christianity will join together under a false prophet who will testify to the authenticity of the man of peace, the anti-Christ. Tumultuous circumstances in the world will give rise to this anti-Christ. People of every nation will be mesmerized by him and by his displays of power. Only the saints will not falL for this grand delusion. And as they refuse to follow him they become the targets of hatred of the world in general and specifically the religious.

Now I believe that there will be a direct correlation between the rise of persecution of the pouring out of God’s Spirit upon His people. What will come first I do not know. I lean towards persecution coming first and God pouring His Spirit into His people in order for them to deal with this, yet I also believe that prior to the beginnings of the great tribulation that God will pour out His Spirit upon His people in measure and that this will really be the beginnings of a deep hatred from the religious people. You see, there are many who desire to see a great outpouring of His Spirit but there are few who embrace the cross of Calvary, few who embrace the hard narrow path of the Word of God.

And so who amongst us can embrace a God that has martyrdom in mind for us? Some may see this kind of thinking as some kind of doom and gloom preaching. Yet, the people who I am writing this article too know very well that this is not so. You see, the Bride-groom is coming back for His bride the Church. We know that the time is short. And so we would celebrate the end of the ages because the Lord is coming. We know that we have been walking through a dry and thirsty land, a land in the midst of famine, and whatever it takes for God to pour out His Spirit in power, then the child of God embraces that. If it takes a mighty confrontation on the mountain for the rain to come , then so it must be. If the word has to go out ” choose ye this day whom you will serve,” then that word must go out. If the five virgins without oil must be warned then they must be warned. If there is a generation of saints that are alive at the culmination of the ages and that generation has to be us, then praise the Lord for He knows what He is doing.

Saints, we know that we do not battle against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers. When those principalities and powers know that their time is short, what would we expect from such a great darkness? If God increases the light in His children, if He pours out His Spirit as in the latter rains, what would we expect the enemy of our souls to do? Sit idly by? No, we know that there is a time coming such as has never been before. The time is coming when every child of God will be hunted down and killed by the anti-Christ. Yet I want you to know that this scenario also includes the filling of saints in such a fashion that they could not even imagine. The power that we will have will be the power to resist the greatest evil that the world has ever seen. We will be filled with a hell-shaking love, the same hell destroying love that we witnessed on Calvary. The same hell shaking love that we saw in our brother Stephen as he was stoned to death.

If you have ever experienced the presence of God, the manifest presence of God then the scenario of being filled with such perfect love that casts out all fear is one that is to be relished. To walk in the power of our Lord, to walk in the Spirit in such a fashion that has yet to be witnessed on the earth, this is a glorious prospect for God’s children. The genuine saint has spent all of his walk with the Lord with an earnest desire to be more like Him. Genuine persecution and refining fire only kills the flesh in us, it does nothing to the Spirit of God in us. And so the more the genuine saint is persecuted, the more of Christ the world will see. As the world comes against us with all of the fury of hell behind it, it will only see a greater expression of Jesus. This is the paradox, the irony, the ultimate weakness of evil, the ultimate triumph of good over evil.

Now brothers and sisters, are we that people? Can you say that the desire of your life is to be more like Jesus and to follow Him? Do you love Him above all else? Are you worthy to be His disciple? Now is the time to have your Gethsemane. The battle of Calvary was won in the garden of Gethsemane. Will you turn back when these things begin to unfold? And so the question bears repeating ” Who amongst us can embrace a God that has called us to martyrdom?” Remember, when it became clear that the Lord Jesus was to become a suffering servant, one who was to be despised by the multitude, rejected, humiliated, tortured and then crucified, how many stood with Him? If you have to face the same things in the coming persecution, will you still stand with Him? Jesus urged His disciples to pray because He knew what was about to come to pass, He Himself prayed and overcame the flesh in the garden before the time came and He found victory in the Garden. He had made up His mind that He would bow to the will of His Father. Can you do the same now saint? Can you make up your mind now that come what may, if events of the end time are not how you supposed them to be or have been taught that they will be, that never-the-less you will bow to the will of your Father and embrace the God that calls you to martyrdom?

17 Responses to “The great persecution that is soon to come upon the Church”

1. W.E. Smith said

Amen my brother, and thank you for not shrinking back from sharing such hard realities. The Word declares that the unnumbered pretenders to the faith will fall away, leaving behind such a great number of witnesses to the testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ. These witnesses, I believe, are being refined right now as we write these things, they are deep in the brutal training camp that is part of this School of Christ, where all dross is being burned away, all falseness and pretense is being shaken off, all that is not Jesus is being revealed for what it is in their lives, all that is not of the Lord is fading into gray, that He might be wholly manifest. Oh that we would behold His glory, as John said, for to behold His glory, as Stephen did just before he left this world, is everything – the shining, blinding, brightness of His manifest glory. Babylon is rising my brother, and its king is soon to step forward, that great blasphemer and destroyer, that dragon spewing death and fire from his mouth in pursuit of the saints of God.

Dear saints – all that is not of Christ is disintegrating. All mends ideas are failing miserably around us. There are no more solution, no more untried ideas, in every sphere – the nations are churning in the sea of death that is humanism, the first lie, that we can be as god without God. Our God is a loving, patient, gracious God, yes, but His longsuffering does have a limit, and I feel we are reaching this very quickly.

It is time for all of us to let the Lord through His Spirit have his way with us, and in us. It is time to lay all that we are down in a heap at His feet. It is time for all idols buried in our hearts (tents) to be revealed and smashed to the ground. It is time for every love to be sanctified, purged, made safe, that He alone would be our first and final love, For only this love will keep us when the foul breath of the dragon begins to fill all the air.

Are we praying Thy Kingdom come, or are we still striving after our own little fiefdoms on this earth? Are we playing at religion, at church, juggling, spirituality, and so many loves and loyalties like balls in the air, making a place for the Lord, when He alone should be the only place?

“Do you love?” He asked Peter three times, stripping away the many until he stood naked before the Judge of the living and the dead.

And do we? Is He our all in all? Is He our very breath and life?

Americans and those int he West chase hard after the so-called “good life”. Yet He is the only good life. Everything else is nto life at all – it is a lie, a pseudo-life, for the devil has no life to offer, only lies leading to death.

For a thoughtful presentation of the Coming Tribulation, I recommend the following to those who are interested –

Thank you my brother. Keep shouting from the rooftops, keep pleading, keep calling for this indeed is meat in due season.

Amen brother. In 70AD, as forewarned by Jesus, the world came against the system of Israel and it was completly destroyed. Not one stone was left unturned. When God comes against a system or a country, it is vital that we can hear the Word of God. Christians in that day fled to a city called Pella because they have been fore-warned. No matter what is raised up in the name of God, no matter if it has existed for 2000 years, if it is devoid of the presence of God it is merely an idol. That goes for people, institutions and nations. God’s people need to know when to ” flee,” from these things. Jesus is our Pella. We must abandon our place in this world and flee to Him. That which you do not hold dear cannot cause you to fall when it is taken from you. Hold all things loosely, it is time to release our grip on the things of this world and remember saints, this is just ” normal Christianity,” anyway. All of our hope should be in the Lord, we should serve Him with our whole hearts. These are the saints that will pass through the fire………………………..bro Frank

Zec 13:1-9
    (1) In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David, and to the people of Jerusalem, for sin and for uncleanness.
    (2) And it shall be in that day, says Jehovah of Hosts, I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall be remembered no more. And also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land.
    (3) And it shall be when any shall yet prophesy, his father and his mother who gave birth to him shall say to him then, You shall not live; for you speak lies in the name of Jehovah. And his father and his mother who gave him birth shall thrust him through when he prophesies.
    (4) And it shall be in that day, the prophets shall be ashamed, each one of his vision, when he prophesies. And they shall not wear a hairy garment to deceive.
    (5) But he shall say, I am no prophet; I am a man, a tiller of the ground; for a man taught me to buy from my youth.
    (6) And one shall say to him, What are these wounds in your hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of those who love Me.
    (7) Awake, O sword, against My Shepherd, and against the Man who is My companion, says Jehovah of Hosts; strike the Shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered. And I will turn My hand on the little ones.
    (8) And it shall be in all the land, says Jehovah, two parts in it shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left in it.
    (9) And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried. They shall call on My name, and I will answer them; I will say, It is My people; and they shall say, Jehovah is my God.

3. abkeyte said

Awesome!!! Those with eyes to see can see what is coming and it isn’t going to be pretty. Just the other day, I was speaking to two dear saints I co-labor with in jail ministry, and they asked me when I thought the last great revival was coming. Before I could think about it, the Spirit within me spoke and He said “Yes, great revival is coming, but great and deep, deep darkness and persecution is coming first.” God is good – He is always good, but He will have His way. And, the church does not grow without persecution. Christianity has exploded in China not in spite of the persecution, but because of it!

Yet, we are not to fear. We win! It doesn’t matter how deep the darkness gets because where darkness abounds, the light abounds even more. Praise God! Just as you said, we need to prepare now. We need to decide if we will ride for the brand no matter what. Are we willing to give it all, literally all to serve our Lord? The lines are drawn and we need to choose this day whom we will serve. The Lord has placed life and death before us, choose life!

Jesus never told us to go hide and wait for rescue. He told us to go and tell everything that draws breath about Him! He told us to make disciples, to heal the sick, to cleanse the lepers, cast out demons and raise the dead. And, we are surrounded by walking dead, who don’t know they are dead and that they stink like rotting flesh.

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Matthew 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Matthew 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

These are our marching orders and when He returns we should be about His business, not ours. Time is indeed growing very short and we need to lay down every weight and put aside every obstacle and be about the Master’s business. His business is the salvation and redemption of all we hold dear. He came that none should perish. Yet, people are perishing all around us, every single day. The time of decision is almost over. Hallelujah! Even so, come Lord Jesus!

Amen Abkeyte, we certainly have our marching orders and praise the Lord, yes we win, have already won because of Calvary and our new eternal life in Jesus…………………..bro Frank

4. W.E. Smith said

In those days there was no king in Israel. Everyone did what was right in his own eyes. (Judges 21:25)

After everything the Lord did for them redeeming them from the bondage of Egypt, bringing them into a bountiful inheritance, and even dwelling among them for a time in the tabernacle, this is where it has all come to. Having abandoned the will of the Lord, and forsaken Him, and choosing the godless nations around them rather than His Kingdom – all doing whatever seems right in their own eyes, divided, fallen, corrupt, desolate, flailing about with some synthetic religion that takes a little from here and a little from there. All that remains is for them to demand a king, which the Lord reluctantly grants them, a king named Saul (a type of anti-christ), and we all know how that went.

Now contrast this with the present state of Christendom, and all that was old is new again.

Dear saints, one of the last great and terrible judgments the Lord can render is to give his forsaken people all that they desire, and to let them be filled to the very gills with it. But then the mighty hand of His wrath will come down on those who deny Him His rightful place and glory.

Now Paul said that they were not all Israel who were Israel (a strange passage indeed). And so where does that place us? Are we really what we think we are?

Go to Him now and let Him reveal all that He sees in you. Let Him cut you to the quick (heart) now so that you will not be cut down later.

We are not to walk by sight, all that is right in our own eyes, but rather by faith, but by His very word of promise and instruction, by the very path the Spirit sets for us each and every moment of every day.

Oh how great is the delusion that is here and is that is coming. How great is the blindness of those who wish not to see what He sees. He will darken their eyes so that they cannot see – and all wallow in their delusions will fall into the pit when the betrayer comes. They will seek a Saul to lead them by the hand, to unite them, but they will reject their true king.

Dear saints – look about you and tell me is this is not like the time of the judges in Israel? Yes David is coming, but before that is the pretender, the one chosen by the people.

Let us draw near to Him with a great earnest in our hearts.

Come Lord Jesus – come for Thy little ones, for they scattered sheep, for all those who yearn only for Thy coming!

Amen brother, I thought of these Scriptures as I was reading what you wrote…………………….

Mal 1:2
      (2) I have loved you, says Jehovah. But you say, In what have You loved us?

Mal 1:6
      (6) A son honors his father, and a servant his master. If then I am a father, where is My honor? And if I am a master, where is My fear? says Jehovah of Hosts to you, O priests who despise My name. And you say, In what way have we despised Your name?

Mal 1:7
      (7) You offer defiled bread upon My altar; and you say, In what way have we defiled You?

Mal 1:10
      (10) Who is even among you who will shut the doors, and you not kindle fire on My altar in vain! I have no pleasure in you, says Jehovah of Hosts. I will not be pleased with an offering from you.

5. timbob said

Hi Brother. So many thoughts are on my heart at the moment that I should probably comment at a later time. This is clearly a report for those with ears to hear because this is coming down quickly. this report should not cause one to fear, but rather draw ever closer to Jesus and build up their most holy faith.

I cannot remember where I read it, but just the fact that such thinking is afloat caused me to realize how incredibly dangerous the times are. The person made the arguement that a person could (you’ll not believe this) receive the mark but be forgiven later if they didn’t really mean it or they did it to take care of their family. I couldn’t believe that someone would even attempt such an arguement. But then I found a historical basis for such a mindset from an unexpected source.

I recently read a VOM publication concerning the church in North Korea. In the historical overview, it mentioned the time of Japanese occupation. During this time, Shilto worship (basically the worshipping of a mand as God)was manditory. A number of Christians and even pastors bowed down to the shinto shrines under the arguement of “it’s a civic duty.” In the moment that I read that, I saw a coming mindset where people will bow down to something that they know is wrong, but justify it as a “civic duty.”

And it gets deeper still. I can even see certain folks quoting I Timothy 5:8 in their attempt to justify an action that, according to scripture, will forever separate them from the presence of the Lord. If we are not completely sold out to Jesus, we place ourselves in serious peril.

Sorry for the long and scatterbrained comment. Thanks for addressing this. Blessings always in Jesus name.

Brother Timbob writes……………”Such dialogue does cause many to fear because, the fact is that most have a residual love for their life in this world. Very few have taken up their cross completely and said farewell to their former self. if one is fearful, it should be considered a blessing because they are being alerted to a spiritual shortfall that, if not remedied will certainly lead to shipwreck in the hour of trying.”

Amen brother. Yes, I too have heard the notion that one could take the mark then somehow be forgiven. We have to remember what happened in the early church. In the third centuary, many believers and their whoe families were killed by the lions because they refused to, once a year, go into the public square, dip their fingers in oil and acknowledge Caesur as a god. Now I suppose they could have rationlized it, as many would today, but those in whom the Spirit of God burns at the center of their hearts will noe and would never deny their God and of course, the Scriptures cannot be broken. If the Scriptures tell us that those who take this mark will be lost for all eternity, then let all men be liars and God be true. It all comes down to whether someone genuinly gave their lives to Jesus or not. Thise who try and dave their lives will lose them eternally, Jesus says that. He also says that in Luke 14 that if you love your family more than Him then you are not worthy to be a disciple. True love is leading those you love to the Truth. And knowing this Truth will set someone free for all eternity. I think about after my oldest son was burned over 60% of his body when he was two, third degree burns. If he got an infection we were told he would surely die. So, helping the nurse, we had to hold him down, day after day, in salt baths as they removed bandages. He could not possibly know what was going on, but his eyes buned into mone as I held him down. This was for the saving of his life. I cannot even begin to imagine what God the Father suffered as He watched His only, perfect Son be scorned, ridiculed, rejected, spat upon, tortured and then killed. Now why did He do this, why did He allow this? ” For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son.” The bigger picture was involved here, it was the only way that we could be saved eternally. If anyone truly loves their family, they will walk in the light and follow Jesus, all the way to Calvary and beyond, even if their families would reject them for it.

Your comments are never scatter-brained brother. Good to hear from you, be blessed in the name of Jesus our Lord……………..bro Frank

6. Brian Long said

Brother Frank,
    You have blown the trumpet well (loud and crystal clear). Thank you my brother!

I think everyone who has the Spirit of God within them will undoubtedly know that this is a Word straight from the heart of God! My heart cried AMEN through out this entire post. This is something that desperately needs to be proclaimed through out Christendom today. Oh, may the Lord give us ears to hear what the Holy Spirit is saying to His Church!  Very difficult days are ahead, and yet it is (and will be) the finest hour for God to glorify His Son once again through His beloved church!

Brother Brian writes………………..

“Very difficult days are ahead, and yet it is (and will be) the finest hour for God to glorify His Son once again through His beloved church! ”

It will indeed be the finest hour for God’s people as they truly follow the Lord to Calvary and beyond………bro Frank

7. W.E. Smith said

Bro. Frank / Precious End-time Saints of the Lord –

Jehovah’s dealings with ancient Israel convey many principles about how He shakes everything out of His own people, every unsanctified dependence and affiliation. He is a jealous God you see, and He acts jealously in His love for those who have forsaken and sidelined Him.

Consider for a moment your own heart, and how bound you may be to what you consider very normal, everyday things – group, country, ideology, etc. Consider every label that you may use to define who you are in Christ Jesus – Baptist, Evangelical, Catholic, Premillenial, Pre-Trib, Calvinist and so on and so on.

All must be shaken out and through so that all that remains in your heart is the Lord Jesus. When the smoke clears is it He alone who is standing?

“Do you love Me?” He will ask you until the very asking changes you and separates you and reveals who you are deep down, beyond words, beyond assumptions, beyond everything.

All will be reduced to a simple choice, an either or. This is always the true purpose of any loss or persecution. “Follow Me” He says, and then we ask Him if we cannot first go and say goodbye to everything else we love. “No” – He says for by the asking He already has his answer.

You see you are either of this world or you are of Christ. Regardless whether we believe we are saved or not, this is the very basic fact of our existence. And everything must come from God, everything must express His life, He must have it all because He intends to fill it all – All in all, says the Word, that is the reason for His Coming. This is why the Cross looms so large over everything in this age – so much has to go, it has to die.

Much will have to die. Much will have to be set loose so that the Christ can fill all things in us and be all things in us.

Your happy little life will go, and your happy smiling, small “c” christian life will go. Your safe plastic faith will be burned up. Your easy and wide path will be rent asunder from you. All that you have been taught by so many hired, ear-tickling religious professionals will be revealed for the lie. His word alone will stand – Unless you take up your cross and follow me you CANNOT be my disciples. Yet Jezebel, in all her lusty and easy religion will seduce so many, perhaps even the majority. We must see her for what she is – lipstick on a sow, carnal, fleshly religion that is detestable to the true God.

Bro. Frank – only what remains after the shaking is what matters, and I believe you are correct in that the shaking is soon upon us. The time is now for serious, intent, emptied, crucified saints to lose it all, to lay it all down, to pray the prayer that will forever change your path upward. Even this, all this, must come form Him, and it must flow back to Him, for the glory of the Father.

Oh Father, keep us in Your Holy and Righteous Name, keep us from the dragon, and sanctify us by Your truth! Amen.

HI brother Wayne, I agree. In that day ” no stone will be left unturned.” That which purports to house and to hold the presence of God will be dismantled right down to the heart. When this occurred in the second Temple in 70AD it was discovered that there holy of Holies was empty. There no ark of the covenant, no ten commandments, there was nothing. The destruction of the Temple proved that the presence of God did not dwell where it was said to dwell and that men had been going through the motions for centuries ( it was reckoned that the ark of the covenenat was removed in 586bc) When something is dismantled, it reveals what lies within…………………….bro Frank

8. Tim said

Brother Frank God gave me a dream of the coming tribulation you can read about it at this address http://timlove.hubpages.com/hub/-the-coming-tribulation

9. Tim Shey said

Here is a disturbing video you should watch:

“American Muslims Stone Christians in Dearborn, Michigan”

10. W.E. Smith said

Dear Bro Frank – Precious Saints –

Consider in this context what Paul says, about how many walked in his day –

For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame; who set their mind on earthly things. (Phil 3:18-19)

Not just enemies of Christ, but very pointedly enemies of “the cross of Christ”, enemies of the narrow way, of the way of death of self and all that the cross means to this new creation. “To live is Christ, to die is gain”. “I die daily” – affirmed Paul, but so many set their minds on their own glory in this earthly life. “Take up your cross and follow me” said the Lord. Yet so many take up other things – family, career, the pursuit of money, attainments, pleasure, etc – and they in such a crippled way and divided way they set out after the Lord. No, dear ones, no – you cannot follow Him without a cross strapped to your back – that is not the way of the Bible. I wish it were otherwise, but no, it is the only way.

Now I strongly believe in the spirit that the so many afflictions and terrible trials being endured by the saints in this hour are merely in order to make us ready for what is coming. Only the fire will temper the steel for our swords that will be need when “great’ tribulation cometh.

Those who are active or even unknowing enemies of the cross of Christ, enemies of true gospel (Christ crucified, not just as a ticket to heaven, but as a template and pattern for our very lives) – will be no means be ready when the birth pangs start to increase. If you want Egypt, then go back to Egypt – stop pretending, stop straddling two worlds and making a mockery out of the Lord and all those who came before us. “I am the Way” – the Master proclaimed. And His cross is part of that way. If we are unwilling to take up our cross and follow Him then we are not worthy of Him, we cannot be His disciples. Those are His words not mine.

The letters to the churches are so sobering and penetrating brethren – saints following men as men-pleasers, men being seduced by the lusty religion of Jezebel, the good life, a religion without life, without power, without principle, without a wilderness, without a death-unto-life transformation from the old to the new.

These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.

19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

Dear saints – to sit at the Lord’s table is to be willing to follow Him, cross and all, alone if necessary through all that this School of Christ brings us through. How can we possibly hope to stand in the fires of the tribulation if we are not standing in Him now during the calm before the storm?

“Gold refined in the fire” – oh yes pray for this, but please know what this means. It is tribulation and purging in all of its many forms – to burn away all the dross of flesh and self and this world. The price of this gold is the death of ourselves – the price is that high and please don’t let anyone tell you differently. The fact that you come to this web site conveys that you do know, for our dear Bro Frank knows this all too well. We must come to Him naked and alone, near death p so that He can clothe and revive us, so that He alone can become our very life, our very breath, our very shadow on this earth.

Oh precious ones – I share this not as one who has read a book, but as one who is in the valley, alone, parched, confused, crying out to the only one I have left. He is my Life, my Hope, My sustenance, the rain falling on the fresh cut grass that is my life – He breathes on me every morning to revive me, He is my daily bread from heaven, His blood and water moves through my very being, His word is my wisdom and truth, His eyes my light, His heart my love, His Father my Father, His coming my blessed and only hope.

He loves you so very much dear ones, and He wants all that His Son means to you. Yes the storm is coming, but we have a Rock that cannot ever be moved by any storm or wind or demonic fury.

Seek Him while He might be found, and lay it down, everything, just lay it down in a heap at His feet. “Take my life Lord, that You alone can be my Life” Amen.

Hi brother Wayne, I think the distinction that you have pointed out is vital. It really goes to the heart of the matter and the culimation of all things. Its the cross of Christ. How many have embraced Christ but have never embraced the cross? What is a cross-less Christianity? Is it some mere abberation, is it something darker? Is it the first-born-il-legitimate child? A pretender to the throne? Always in the NT, there are tares and goats, the many that are called, the seed that falls on various bad ground, the house without a foundation, those who turn back, those without oil, those whom Jesus says ” depart from me for I never knew you.” In the culimnation of the ages, in the time that is soon to come, there is a gathering together and a seperating. The enemies of the cross will be gathered together as one, just as the remnant will be gathered together as one. There is also the seperation, the wheat from the tare, the sheep from the goat, the good seed, the house with a foundation from the house without, those who have oil in their lamps and those who do not, the few from the many. And the distinction will be those who have lost their lives, embraced the cross and gained eternal life, from those who perhaps seperated themselves in a sense , from the world, but who were never grafted into His sufferings because they rejected that path, it was too much of a price to pay. In the end we will either be for Him or against Him, there will be no middle ground in which to hide from the world, the world will demand the choice, a clear choice. It is interesting to note that when Pilate would wash his hands of Jesus, the people demanded that he be crucified. With a lound voice they cried ” crucify HIm,’ and ” we have no king but Caesar.” The time is coming soon when there will be clarity in the choice that we have truly made……………….bro Frank

11. Tony Bowden-Smith said

This is a very well-stated article. The true church of Christ WILL suffer persecution. We need a real awakening here and now.