It’s at the name of Jesus….

Posted by appolus on May 21, 2009

IT’S AT THE NAME OF JESUS
As many of you may know, “The Christian Children’s fund,” has just changed its name and taken the “Christian,” out of it. In the coming days and years, the name of Jesus will become more and more offensive as the enemy begins his concerted attack against the King of Kings. I urge all of my brothers and sisters to meditate, contemplate and speak the name of Jesus all the more. For as the tares begin to drop His name, then the true power of that name will become more apparent. We know brothers and sisters, we know that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow. We know that there is no other name under Heaven given among men by which we must be saved .I can feel the power of the Lord rising even more in my spirit these days as I mention the name of Jesus, for I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation…………………..

Wherever we turn in the church of God, there is Jesus. He
is the beginning, middle, and end of everything to us… There
is nothing good, nothing holy, nothing beautiful, nothing
joyous, which He is not to His servants. No one need be poor,
because, if he chooses, he can have Jesus for his own property
and possession. No one need be downcast, for Jesus is the joy
of heaven, and it is His joy to enter into sorrowful hearts.
We can exaggerate about many things; but we can never
exaggerate our obligation to Jesus, or the compassionate
abundance of the love of Jesus to us. All our lives long we
might talk of Jesus, and yet we should never come to an end of
the sweet things that might be said of Him. Eternity will not
be long enough to learn all He is, or to praise Him for all He
has done–but then, that matters not; for we shall be always
with Him, and we desire nothing more.
    … Frederick W. Faber (1814-1863), All for Jesus, London:
        Richardson & Son, 1854, pp. 1-2

8 Responses to “It’s at the name of Jesus….”

1. cindyinsd said

The “Christian” Children’s Fund has never been Christian, so I’m glad to see that they’ve dropped the name. It allows true Christ followers to send their money to truly Christian children’s funds, of which there are plenty.

But yes, they dropped the Name because it has become offensive. And good point, that when the Name is only used in earnest, it will shine the brighter–just as when days become “darker,” the light is more obvious. Praise God. We’re walking into that and it’s scary, but what an adventure, and He will be with us.

Hi Cindy. The Christian Children’s Fund was originally Christian. It was named “China Childrens fund,” back in 1938 by a Presbyterian minister. It was later re-named the Christian Childrens fund when the scope of the ministry expanded beyond China. It offered Christian education. They quit doing that in the 1970s. I think my point was more along the lines of the word Christian being dropped. Kinda like the national day of prayer dropping the “In the name of Jesus,” at the end of their prayer and so on. Its a trend that is only going to get worse. The very name itself is offensive. If you share a lot you notice that as long as you talk about “God,” no one seems to mind that much, but mention “Jesus,” and suddenly people get uncomfortable. In a coming one world church, it will be “God,’ that will be emphasised, whether you call him Yahwah or Allah or whatever, but the name of Jesus will be seen as offensive because it is exclusionary…………Frank

3. cindyinsd said

Hi, Frank

Actually, I was agreeing with you 100%. It’s just that I have a bad habit of convoluted writing sometimes. I was also trying to make the additional point that I think it’s a good thing when non-Christian organizations stop pretending to be Christian ones. Thanks for sharing the history of CCF, by the way–I only knew their recent history and that they weren’t truly offering Christianity, but just food and education. (Which is good–I’m glad they are–but I don’t like to see it done in the name of Jesus just to appeal to unwary Christian donors.)

I kind of think that you were making that point, too, when you said that the name of Jesus would shine all the more as those who have falsely called themselves by it (the tares) drop away. Yes, it is the name of Jesus that offends. I suspect that YHWH is also pretty offensive, but nothing like Jesus. And yes, we are seeing a lot of that today. Tares being gathered to purify the crops before harvest. I love that analogy. I wouldn’t have applied it here, but I believe you have it bang on.

On a side note, I want you to know how much I appreciate the invites. I prayed about them and really felt God was saying, “not yet.” One day, I think He will say yes, though. Our home group is growing and soon we’ll need to birth a new group, but I’m not sure what to do about it. God impressed on me that there’d be a lot of new groups over the next year, so I expect He’s okay with where we are, but honestly I feel like we’re a bunch of little toddlers who mean well, but aren’t nearly ready to take care of a daughter church. Anyway, most of my spare moments have been occupied in fellowship with these dear and precious brothers and sisters, so please forgive my not being able to join in just yet. It would be great if you would pray for us when God brings us to your heart. We have so much to learn.

God bless, Cindy

HI Cindy, I knew that we were on the same page 🙂 I was just correcting the fact that the CCF organisation was at one time a Christian one. I am sure the minister who started it would be dismayed as to how it turned out. Yet this happens to many organisations. They start out on fire for the Lord and powerfully used and the next generation lose the fire and eventually only the organisation is left. Their works may be good, but they lose the power of the Holy Spirit to transform lives. The Salvation Army comes to mind. I think that is one reason why Christian charities should never take government money. In Scotland they have a saying “Whoever pays the Piper calls the tune.” It is very true. I am glad to hear that your home church is doing so well. I will pray for you sister and there is no need to forgive you for not joining in yet. We must always go as we are led and the Lord leads and guides us and His program and agenda for each of us is uniques and tailor made for us. God bless you sister and may the name of Jesus be on our lips……….Frank

5. timbob said

Good evening Frank. I wasn’t aware of this change in title by the Christian Childrens Fund. As shocking as it is, I guess such decision making is to be expected as we are drawing closer to the end of the age.

A few weeks ago, our pastor shared a story that was equally shocking. A longtime friend of his pastors a church in Illinois. The congregation outgrew their building and after moving into a larger place, put the old building up for sale. People from another church expressed interest in purchasing the building and so the pastor gave them a tour. When they came to a large cross that was displayed in the sanctuary, the would-be buyers stated “you can take that cross with you; we don’t want anything like that in any building that we purchase.”

I don’t know what kind of church those potential purchasers represented, but that statement left our pastors friend speechless. It’s amazing. Every once in a blue moon, I’ll find myself entertaining thoughts such as “perhaps it’s not as late as I think.” Every time I begin to ponder such thoughts, a story like the one in Illinois or the one that you mention in this post comes up. IT’S EVERY BIT AS LATE AS I HAVE BEEN THINKING.

Thanks for an enlightening post. I apolagize for not getting by here more often. Blessings always in Jesus name.

timbob

“Every once in a blue moon, I’ll find myself entertaining thoughts such as “perhaps it’s not as late as I think.” Every time I begin to ponder such thoughts, a story like the one in Illinois or the one that you mention in this post comes up. IT’S EVERY BIT AS LATE AS I HAVE BEEN THINKING.”

Your right brother, it is that late. It is very hard to get your head around something that is so out of the natural. We have become so dull to the supernatural and the reality of the Lord in the “world of Christianity,” that the end of times now seems incredible. Yet, as incredible as it may seem to a world that has always known that the sun comes up tomorrow and it will be the same as today as today was the same as yesterday, the time is coming. If you study the rise of nazi-ism, you see a process that is called “gradualism.” Day by day, for over a deaced before they even came to power, they belittled their enemies. When the time was right, they were able to take power. They took power mainly because they had the backing of authorities who feared communism more than they feard facism. I am dismayed to live in a world now where it is Christians who support torture and war. When did that happen? And it is all done in the name of protecting ourselves. The heroes of our faith were people who knew that there was some things that were worth dying for. They chose to face the lion rather than acknowledge caesur as a god, and it was not just a personal descision, the whole family would be killed. Daniel refused the delights of Babylon and continued to pray to his God and found himself in the lions den, his three friends fininding themselves in the fiery furnace. Young David runs forward to what must have seemed like certain death, all for the honor of his God. Peter stands up and accuses a bloood thirsty mob of countless thousands, filled by the power of the Holy Spirit. Where is this spirit in the hearts of Christians today. Who amongst us today have hearts of lions that beat within the chests of lambs? Where are the warriors that will arise in these last day and love not their lives even unto death? Not afraid to speak the truth in love even although the cost will be great. There is a group of people that the Lord has kept hidden, under the shadow of His wings. A people who know their God , who know of HIs presence and whose hearts are sold out to Him. As the darkness falls all over the world, their light will begin to shine and the Lord will uncover His witnesses, or martyrs, call them what you wish, in these the “final days.’ And their main tormentors will be the tares…….brother Frank

7. timbob said

Hi again. Your mention of the term “gradualism” brought something else to mind. Although we’ve been watching it gradually come on the scene, something a few days ago really caused it to hit home.

CR and I were getting pizza during our lunch break. CR laid his debit card on the counter as he’s done thousands of times before, and the girl behind the counter looked at him funny. “I don’t think that will work” she stated. CR looked down and discovered that he had accidentally placed his drivers licence on the counter instead. An easy mistake and both got a mild chuckle from the mistake. Then the girl (she couldn’t have been more than 17) made an ominous statement.

WOULDN’T IT BE COOL IF WE COULD JUST BUY EVERYTHING WITH OUR ID?”

CR was quick to respond “IT’S COMING! DON’T TAKE IT!”

This world is so prepared for a beast numbering system that it could almost be implemented today, without so much as a concerned groan from many who claim to be watching. In the name of convenience and sustaining their lives in this world, folks will wonder after a beast and seal their destiny. The encounter at the pizza place was simply another reminder of how conditined the population already is.

On my heart lately has been the need for ervery saint to be diligently seeking the Lord Jesus. To lay down our agendas and just seek to be ever closer to him. Continuously examining ourselves; lest any seed of unbelief or any attachment to this present world sprout up within our hearts.

Thanks so much for continuing to encourage all who have ears to hear. Blessings in Jesus name.

timbob

Hi brother, you write……

“On my heart lately has been the need for every saint to be diligently seeking the Lord Jesus. To lay down our agendas and just seek to be ever closer to him. Continuously examining ourselves; lest any seed of unbelief or any attachment to this present world sprout up within our hearts” Amen brother, amen. I wrote this comment as a reply to another comment on another post but I thought it may fit in here. Its a call to arms really, a willingness to lay down our lives for the cause of Christ, its a call to the end-time Church to away with this world, away with it. Lets seek the glories of God and His righteousness and His Kingdom whic is yet is to come…………brother Frank

Ask any soldier who has ever fought against people who did not care if they died, its nigh impossible, you have to kill them all. We often hear the first two sentences of that verse quoted, rarely does the last sentence get quoted. Where are the people who “love not their lives unto death?” This is what will change , when this Spirit sweeps over the people of God. They are to attracted to this world. They must be attracted to the next. We see Peter as a good example of one who hid in the shadows and denied God with cursing. Then he is “endued with power,” and everything changes. We have a church that could identify with pre-pentecost Peter. Now we need a church that can relate to post-penetcost Peter. When he stood up and spoke to a crowd of thousands, someting had changed. He was abandoned to the cause of Christ. This was fulfilled by the power of the Spirit of God. It has to be desired, it typically is found in totaly humility and utter brokenness. Todays church needs to be broken and humbled, or a contrite heart. The days of running from God and running to the world must end. If Jacob is to become Israel, then the hip must be put out of joint so that there can be no more running. A day of reckoning has to come. A day when certain destruction is riding fast towards us. When we have thrown everything we have at the enemy in an attempt to appease and compromise and still the thunderous hoofs of a greatly feared enemy approaches. We can struggle for as long as we want but the Lord is not letting go, He will make us stand and face, head on, all of our fears and in Him and because of Him we will find victory. The Church of the living God will and has been put out of joint. It staggers in pain and reels with fear but the Lord will not let us run. We will have the Spirit of David or we will have no Spirit at all. The Spirit of God runs from nothing and in fact it runs towards all its enemies with total assurance. The Spirit of the living God that indwells all true believers will compell us to run to the battle. Its not natural, its supernatural…………brother Frank