Nepotism within Christendom

Posted by appolus on February 28, 2014

NEPOTISM IN THE KINGDOMS OF MEN

Anyone who has ever been around the power structures of the kingdoms within Christendom know that powerful men put into place men who will not question them. They typically surround themselves with what the world would call ” yes men.” It is of course the opposite of the Biblical model but perfectly in line with the world and how it runs itself. It is interesting that we hear and know nothing of the children of the Apostles. Why? Because it was not a dynasty, it was not a family business where sons and daughters are promoted by virtue of who their fathers are. Time and again we see this within Christendom. David Wilkerson managed to avoid so many of the problems of other men with similar sized organisations. He could have easily promoted his own son and groomed him to take over when he retired, but instead he puts an ex-policeman from Canada into that position. Sadly he is a very rare exception. Jesus has to be preeminent in our lives, in our gatherings and in our structures and we have to be but mere bond servants to the cause of Christ and to those who follow Him.

13 Responses to “Nepotism within Christendom”

1. I believe it goes not well for most Christian ministries that have their children and family as though who are in control afterwards. Thank God for some faithful ministries that have trust in others and follow God’s leading in this way. Of course there are exceptions where godly families are involved in a ministry of church work and it is God’s will. In the end as you are saying brother we must not follow the ways of the world.

2. Sue wise said

I often felt grieved in my spirit , when I’ve sat in church and the pastor trains his children to preach or take worship leading or children’s ministry , I remember my daughter was friends with the pastors daughter who was involved in youth ministry she told my daughter that she was a christian because ” her family were christian !”I could see this pastor had good intention for the community,himself and his family I did not hear from anyone who was in leadership from that church that God had called them into that ministry . Jesus Christ is my God and the Holy Spirit leads me He,s called me out of the established church I trust in Him alone this is the narrow path that He talks about , I turned to Jesus over 20 years ago thru a pastor , I went to his church and for the next 20 years I’ve struggled in my spirit as I’ve gone from church to church looking to find a home, till one day at home I cried out to God flat on my face, I was looking for answers , He told me to leave the church I was going to and don’t go back there, where will I go Lord I said , I am the way the truth and life follow Me , I was released that day to follow Him and I’ve never felt more free,I feel blessed indeed, I had to leave the established church to follow Him.

I praise the Lord for your freedom sister…………….bro Frank

• daawen007 said

Does it mean you no longer have any fellowship with a church?even though a christian//

No, it does not mean that, not every organisation has this kind of nepotism………..bro Frank

• Sue wise said

Yes for me that’s true, but I do love fellowship with Christians my passion is endtime church , like minded Christians are harder to find :-/

Hi Sue, I think you may have the wrong end of the stick on this article. No where in it is it talking about not having fellowship, there is nothing I like better than fellowshipping with the saints, just got back from such a weekend in Oklahoma with a bunch of dear brothers and sisters…………………bro Frank,

3. Leslie said

Why is it that so few Christians quote or believe these words from Jesus “Think not that I am to send peace on earth; I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.” Matthew 10:34-38
    Leslie

4. Marc S said

Excellent article. Rather than training children to take over the ministry, these leaders would better serve the body by teaching their off-spring to become faithful disciples and use their gift wherever God places them.

5. suez62s said

Amen brother Appolus, and to everyone else. I have seen this time and time again, only to see many of the children of the pastors go out and lead sinful lives! I am not familiar with other denominations, but it is widely so in the Pentecostal churches, at least years ago when I attended one.