Revival in Barnsdall?

Posted by appolus on October 30, 2010

Come Join us at 500 W Main St, Barnsdall Oklahoma, 74002 from the 14-19th of November. Every morning at 9am we will have a prayer gathering. Then in the afternoons we will go onto the streets and share the Gospel. Every evening at 7pm we will have a service led by David Ford and Brian Long.

Our primary objective is to seek the presence of the Lord. Listen to this letter I recieved a few years ago and see if you can relate?

“There was a time when you could go into a church and feel the presence of God. You would tiptoe in and cry at the alter and tiptoe out. You would talk about church all day and at bedtime. You would talk to your neighbors about the Lord. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Does your church have God’s presence there? When we witness to neighbors about the Lord, do we tell them about our church, do we tell them about the programs we offer? Do we tell them about our softball team or about our free cup or our free espresso from our Coffee Bar? Or, do we say , just come and I guarantee you that you will meet God. Come to Him and He will reveal Himself to you if you will humble yourself. I see it happen everyweek so please come. I got saved in my 20s and was a professing sinner, then I really got saved about 6 years ago, now I am in my mid 40s. I hear about the old days from all the grey headed ladies in church. I am hungry for God’s manifest presence and I need to know what to do about it. I pray, I confess, I do not live in any known sin, yet I stumble at times and the Holy Spirit convicts me and I immediately repent. I go to prayer meetings at church. I read my Bible, I talk about Jesus at work and try to get them to come to my, or any church. What are we doing wrong, or me? Is my church under judgement? Or our nation? Is there churches out there experiencing God where the Spirit is moving and people are confessing and their lives are being changed? They are living for Christ and dying to self and carrying their cross? Jesus, please show yourself.”

A.B.Simpson once preached about God, and when he was finished, the people dare not move. The presence of God had come down and they sat in silence, almost afraid to breathe because they were in the midst of the majesty and holiness of the Living God. We seek this presence brothers and sisters. We believe that the corporate presence of the living God is all but gone from the American church. Come join us as we cry out to God for nothing more than Himself. There is a desperate cry in this dry and dusty land. Without the living waters flowing from heaven itself we will surely die. Unless the American church encounters the Living God then it will surely go the same was as the Church in the rest of the Western world. There must be an encounter that ruins us for life. It is time to seek the giver alone and not the gift.

6 Responses to “Revival in Barnsdall?”

1. Robert Taylor said

Brother Frank…..I was gloriously saved in a Little country Baptist church nearly 40 years ago. Then a friend of mine invited me to attend an old fashioned campmeeting revival in an Assemblies of God church. At that meeting, i had an encounter with God that ruined my life forever. Brother Frank, my eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord, and i will never be the same again. I hope to see you in Barnsdall brother. But if it turns out that i can´t make it, say a corporate prayer for us down here in this dark and dreadful land of mexico…Robert

“Brother Frank, my eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord, and i will never be the same again.’

Praise the Lord brother. I hope to see you there too, either way, we will pray for you brother………brother Frank

3. Elisabeth said

It seems that wherever we live in the Western world there is a dearth in our churches..a dearth of the reality of God`s holy presence. But we must get our eyes off the impotence of our church organisations and gatherings and turn our eyes upon the One Who alone can, and will, make ALL the difference in response to EACH one of us seeking Him with ALL of our heart. Yes, the Giver and not the gifts. Are we truly able to cry,

“As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.”

God says “Men ought always to pray and not to cave in” – We must cry to God FOR prevailing prayer, so that we are able to pray WITH prevailing prayer. That prayer that persists and will not give in UNTIL the Lord comes and sends floods upon our dry and thirsty land. Has He said and shall He not do it?

“He turns a wilderness into pools of water, and dry land into watersprings..”

“Call unto Me… and I WILL answer thee ”

If we are discouraged by outcomes of our genuine efforts..if the ground remains cracked and parched..we must stop digging in the dry river beds..and look up, for He WILL send rain upon our barren land and cause His floods to lift His people from our own good intentions into His abundance. Upon every one blade of grass He WILL send His refreshing..His restoration upon our withered land…wherever we are. We will see a cloud the size of a man`s hand, that will become a deluge.

Remember…dry cracked land does not appear to soak up the first showers (look past appearances or feelings), then it drinks freely..and new life will spring forth!

Let each one of us begin the cry for the `dry land` of our own heart!

God bless you Frank for all the encouragement you pour out to us all to KEEP ON IN BELIEVING PRAYER!

Elizebeth writes……..

“Throughout the whole earth there is a thirsty cry…it may begin as a selfish whimper but as thirst increases it becomes a desperation – our hands must be emptied of everything as we lay hold of Him. Then our hearts will burn within us as we steadfastly keep our gaze on Him Who said,”

Thank you sister for your beautifuly written reply that obvioulsy flows from a heart that hungers and thirsts after the Living God and desires to see the rains fall from heaven upon all those who thirst. I believe that saturation is what it is going to take because the ground is so very dry. There has been much breaking down of the clods and ploughing ( prevailing prayer) and yet, that work only makes sense if it will indeed rain. One would be very foolish to partake of such ploughing if one did not believe that there is a rain coming, a soaking rain, a saturating rain, that will penetrate the deep dryness. As someone who now lives in Kansas, a place that only gets about 33 inches of rain a year, I know how dry the ground can become and how deep that dryness is. At first when it rains the rain merely flows over the top surface, its so hard it does not penetrate. Then it rains for several days and the ground becomes saturated, thouroughly penetrated, indeed to such an extent that it takes days or weeks to dry out. Flash floods come and go very quickly and when it is gone, it is like it has never rained because it never penetrated. Yet, when it rains consistantly for several days, the effects are deep and lasting……………brother Frank

• Elisabeth said

Thank you brother Frank for such a vivid picture..years ago I visited Africa in drought and have never forgotten seeing the thirsty villagers digging with bare hands in the sun-baked, rock-hard, deeply cracked river beds..and the elephants scourging the trees for water. Water – that vital living need. How desperately ought we to thirst after the water that will cause us to `never thirst again`…indeed…till out of our innermost being will flow rivers of His living water..satiating our longings for those dying of thirst all around us, that they too will taste and see that the Lord is good!

Hi Elzebeth,

It was not that long ago that I saw a documentary on a certain part of Africa. For 10 long months it sees no rain. First the mighty river dries up and then it becomes pools, and then the pools slowly shrink until it is noothing more than mud-holes. IN this particular documentary, it showed a giant crocodile that had taken up residence right in the middle of the mud-hole. Yet despite its presence, deer and other animals risked their very lives in order to partake in the last of the water. A very few animals went on a long migration looking for water, many died, some found water. Yet almost all the animals that was indigenous to this geographic location, died before the rains came, choosing rather to dice with the crocodile, an animal that in normal circumstances they would never come within 100 yards. When God withdraws the rain of His presence from His church we see many strange things. Let us pray to our faithful Lord that the He will send the rain to a people who have learned not to take for granted His presence, and are focused on nothing else. What was very clear from the documentary was that the animlas knew that this was life or death. The tragedy for many in the church is that they can live a life, devoid of His presence, and not even know that they are dying………brother Frank