The Latter Rain (The remnants jouney to the valley of Acacias)

Posted by appolus on June 17, 2009

This is not a good sign for the world or for what passes as the church. The remnant begin to dream dreams and see visions. In these dreams and visions they see that the Day of the Lord is at hand. They begin to prophecy against the world and the established church. They call them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat, the valley of judgment. And even at this stage the remnant are being called by the remnant. Even now it is the valley of decision; it is still not too late for the heart to rend itself to God.

THE LATTER RAIN

THE REMNANT JOURNEY TO THE VALLEY OF ACACIAS

This word will give directions to the remnant that are travelling to the valley of Shittim or Acacias. It may be that you do not understand this word, but the remnant of God’s people will know in their hearts that the Lord is at the door and that they are being compelled, moved in ways they have not known before.

How many of us “know ,” that the day of the Lord is coming and it is coming soon? This has nothing to do with proofs or opinions, you just know in your spirit, there is a witness in your spirit that speaks to you and you “know.” I could talk about signs and prophecies being fulfilled but I do not wish to do that in this word, you already “know,” that the Bridegroom is coming for this is a word to the remnant. Who are the remnant? Well, they are the Church, not to be mistaken for the established church. God is calling His people, His remnant, from all over the world which includes the established church to come out.

There are still many brothers and sisters within the established church but they will eventually leave. This is not a calling from man; it is a calling from God for God has all but withdrew His Presence from the established church. Eze 10:18 And the glory of Jehovah went from the threshold of the house, and stood over the cherubs. The continuing purpose of the remnant within the church is to be a witness to those who would also come out and establish judgment on that which calls itself the church.

The remnant are further identified in Eze 9:4 And Jehovah said to him, Go through in the midst of the city, in the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark on the foreheads of the men who are groaning and are mourning because of all the abominations that are done in her midst.
They have been identified with a mark on their foreheads
. They mourn and are deeply saddened at the condition of the established church. Those within the established church will not be able to identify their state for they allowed themselves to be blinded by their love for the world. They so identify with the world that they look just like it. They will be friendlier to those of the world than to those who mourn for the state of the church. The remnant will be and are increasingly marginalized within the four walls of the church and they lose their voice. Fellowship is ever more difficult to find as most in the established church simply have no idea where they are coming from. This process is happening across the spectrum of the established church, whether it is in the “Pentecostal,” circles or the more conservative Evangelical movement.

This isolation that the remnant feel eventually compels them to reach out and find other like-minded people. This reaching out reaches across denominational lines and “strange bedfellows,” are popping up everywhere. The remnant are not to be confused with “church-hoppers,” in fact the opposite is true. The remnant try everything to make a difference in their churches. They go above and beyond but there is simply no breaking through to the worldliness that they find. This is a hungry and thirsty people and they will eventually be compelled to move on in the hope of finding some water in a dry and thirsty land, they are desperate for the “former rains.”

God has begun to pour out His former and latter rains. The former rains have softened and are softening the soil to receive the remnant. The process is in flux all over the world. The winter planting of the wheat has begun for the last time. The Bridegroom is coming and the Bride is being made ready. Not righteous mind you, it has already been made righteous by the Blood of the Lamb; it is being prepared for the coming of the Bridegroom. The mansion has been prepared, the bridal chamber is ready and now the wheat, the Bride awaits the latter rains, they await the sounds of the trumpet.

God’s remnant have been and are being prepared and it is they who call down the latter rain. Before they call down the latter rain they call for repentance.

Joe 2:12 Yet even now, says Jehovah, turn to Me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning.
Joe 2:13 Yes, tear your heart and not your robes, and turn to Jehovah your God: for He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and He pities because of the evil.
Joe 2:14 Who knows if He will turn and have pity and leave a blessing behind Him, a food offering and a drink offering to Jehovah your God?
Joe 2:15 Blow a trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn gathering.
Joe 2:16 Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, gather the elders, gather the children and those who suck the breasts. Let the bridegroom go forth out of his chamber, and the bride out of her room.
Joe 2:17 Let the priests, the ministers of Jehovah, weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, Have pity on Your people, O Jehovah, and give not Your inheritance to shame, for a proverb among those of the nations. Why should they say among the people, Where is their God?

They rend their hearts, they fast, they weep and they mourn. They assemble themselves, gather themselves together. They weep between the porch and the brazen alter which has all but been abandoned. It is they that have been marked by God, the remnant that do these things. It is upon these people that the latter rains fall. The latter rains enlarges their capacity, they grow stronger in their spirits as the Lord pours out His Spirit upon them.

For the remnant, the called out ones, the chosen of the Lord, they now stand in a continual downpour of His rain. Those who formerly thirsted, thirst no more. And directly proportionate to the outpouring of Gods Spirit comes persecution. Yet, this only drives the remnant=2 0deeper into the arms of their God which still infuriates the enemy of our soul even more. The remnant now experience a fountain of living water that flows continuously “from the house of the Lord.” (Joel 3:18) And the valley that the remnant have been called to is flooded with living water from the throne-room itself (Rev14:7, Rev 19:6) The name of this valley is Acacias. This was the last location of the children of Israel before they entered Canaan. (Num 25:1, Josh 3:1) This will be the last location of the Bride before the Bridegroom comes and they enter in and the door is closed behind them.

23 Responses to “The Latter Rain (The remnants jouney to the valley of Acacias)”

1. cindyinsd said

Wow! You’re giving me shivers. I haven’t been on WordPress in a while–I’ll have to go back and read your more recent posts. God has been saying much the same thing to me, only I wondered whether it was a word just for my information, or whether I was supposed to share it. The stuff I got seemed kind of harsh toward the institutional church, at a time when I can see clearly that He is still working within it. Still, it was so ‘not me’ that I feel sure these things I saw are really from Him.

Not just you sister, saints from around the world. The things that you get may seem harsh, but you will know in your own heart if you are motivated by love which I am pretty sure that you are. Its the whoseover that could join the remnant. The hieghtened awareness of the state of the church is nothing new. What is new is the day in which we live. The established church is all but gone already, the Lord is definately at the threshold of this institution. Go as your led sister, and do all in love. If you want to hear the “Malachi Word,’ you can click just above the I-Tunes on my main page. I gave it at a Sunday night meeting at a Southern Baptist Church in OK. Later that week we saw the presence of the Lord descend on a revivavl conference we were holding there. It was so heavy, one could barely lift their heads in the glorious majesty of His presence. We saw so many miracles, not the healing kind for that is lower than the heart kind. We saw Pastors coming in from the desert, we saw salvation, most of all we saw a people suddenly engaged by God and they stood up in their pews and beagn to praise God in prayer and Scripture and singing hymns that suddenly came to their mind. The people of God began participating in their giftings and it was a beautiful thing to behold a body operating as it was designed……..Frank

3. cindyinsd said

That is so amazing, Frank. Praise God. I’m looking forward to listening to it! 🙂

4. timbob said

Good evening. This post is so profound that I don’t even know how to comment. For months I’ve known in my spirit that we’re in a time of sifting and separation as the wheat and tares are parting company. And for a l;ong time, I’ve seen time of incredible tribulation where a false church flurishes but the true saints are not in its midst. The remnant; those who worship the Lord Jesus in spirit and in truth are in small groups. Most of them a great distance from where they formerly called home. Most of them in fellowship with saints that they never knew previously. Small gatherings, assembled by the Lord, to maintain the testimony of Jesus Christ in the midst of the shaking.

Thank you so much for this post. A few days ago, I was in the garage when I came across a copy of David Meyers newsletter from October 2006. This was no accident and I was quickly drawn to the following statement which tells of the state of the organized church these days:

“In the second group of scripture verses above, (II Peter 3:3-7) the apostle Peter describes the same condition that Jeremiah revealed and used thewords “willingly ignorant” to describe the people of earth in the last days. This is especially true of the professing Christians. Very few of them ever talk about bible prophecy anymore. One vital point regarding this serious problem that I urge you to never forget is that it is not the work of the antichrist to deceive the unbelievers of this word! Satan already has the unbelievers right where he wants them. The work of the antichrist is to deceive the Christians. When Christians stop reading the true bible, and when they no longer pray and fight the enemy, the first thing they lose is their gift of discernment. This is a gift that is given only to those who ae actively engaging the enemy in battle. What followas is an inability to think for themselves and to understand the evil world that they live in.”

There is a few more words to the paragraph, but this is the bulk of it. I’m planning on referring to it in a post in the future; a post that will probably contain a link to this post as well. Thanks again. This is a must read for everyone who loves the Lord Jesus.

Blessings always in Jesus name.

timbob

Hi brother Timbob, good to hear from you. It is amazing that we are living in these times.

“the first thing they lose is their gift of discernment. This is a gift that is given only to those who ae actively engaging the enemy in battle. What followas is an inability to think for themselves and to understand the evil world that they live in.”

Of course that is exactly right. Its a sad thing to see. Not just sad, but scary, this is undoubtedly the blindness that results in willful ignorance. Yet this will also be an incredible time for the remnant. May the scales fall from the eyes of the blind and may those who will, join the Lord’s remnant here on earth………..Frank

6. […] THE LATTER RAIN (THE REMNANTS JOURNEY TO THE VALLEY OF ACACIAS) […]

7. Joanna said

Thanks for the post!

Hey Joanna, thanks for dropping by. E-mail me and tell me how your summer is going. Did you know that there is three conferences coming up? Indiana, Ireland and Wales. I am hoping to go to all three, just have to wait and see what the Lord does…………………Frank

8. Peggy Rickard said

I just found this site. Please pray for me and my son Jesse who is 13. He has been having seizures. I also have 5 kids on an Indian rez in N.Y. that need Jesus. I want to be ready and my children ready. your sister peggy

Hi Peggy, thanks for dropping by. Peggy, if you know Jesus then you are already ready. I will pray for your children Peggy, for slavation and for Jesse and his seizures. God bless you Peggy and stay close to HIm, there is no better way to to prepare for His coming than to stay close to Jesus. Its the answer to every problem for He is our “exceedingly great reward.”………..Frank

10. Peggy Rickard said

I need your prayers on hearing Gods word on his direction. My children in another state want me to return with them to help finish raising the youngest son. I also have to go to traffic school here in ky and I can do it online-if I only had the money. I feel so overwhelmed. I need to know what God would have me do. There is really no one helping me here in Ky with my son. I am now 53 and he is 13. I just need an answer and the peace of God

11. Ms. L. A. said

What a MIGHTY GOD we serve! It was no mistake that I came upon this web site. I feel right at home here, now I know I’m not strange just a remnant of God. Hallelujah to the Lamb of God my sisters and brothers.

12. Hi there Appolus,
    I do not know how I came across your website, but here I am agreeing with all that you are sharing of our Lord’s heart for the time we are living. You entry reminded me of an email I wrote to a friend of mine 7 years ago. In which I said similar things. I thought I would just paste some of those thoughts below to confirm the truth of your words. Keep listening to our Master Appolus and encouraging us all to listen to his will and his heart for the harvest that is yet to come. God bless, Andrew

“About what is happening with church. I am coming to the conclusion that Yahweh is doing something very peculiar in the midst of our uneasiness. He is the one who is stirring us up over the state of our priorities. He is the one who is causing a frustration (to put it mildly) over our church subcultures. It is a holy dissatisfaction given by our holy master. I am fully aware that I am not the centre of this. It is God, it is definitely God. To coin a phrase from a letter written to the trust that employs me – “When riding a dead horse, it is usually best to dismount”. If your mount isn’t moving – check it, it might be dead.

The Spirit of Christ has moved from the church (as we know it) and we would be wise to see what is going on and to move with him. Exactly what that means, is going to be different in each circumstance. It is going to be a frightening time for those who look to structures for their ‘identity’ in Christ. But I believe it is necessary and that it will be a natural thing for those who really are his children, or (to shift the metaphor) are truly sheep and listen to the voice of the shepherd.

Our pasture fields have been overgrazed, they have changed, we have eaten up the paddock that our current church structures are in, and the farmer of our souls has opened up the gate to a new paddock, one with untouched green grass. He is calling us to come and feed on this, his new provision. I feel like I do not have to feel guilty about this. It is not a reactionary attitude of rebellion. In humility I believe it truly is the Spirit of Christ. My eyes have finally been opened to see this for what it is. I have a sense that this is happening right across the body of Christ, it is the same holy dissatisfaction. I also sense that some of those being touched by the hunger for Christ are grimly chewing on at the man-made roots of barren grass stubble because of a sense of undying loyalty to the paddock itself, this is in spite of the fact that the gate to a green paddock lies open before them. The holy farmer will soon send out his dogs to ‘hound’ them until they obey his voice and move into his provision.

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want,
    He makes me lie in green pasture,
    He leads me beside quiet waters
    He restores my soul

Now to get on with it, and to move in obedience, that is the challenge!

The Spirit has spoken to me in the past about a new work that he has for our generation and also for the one that will follow us. For me he has directed us to be involved with restoring the “father to the sons and the sons to the fathers”. He has told me to work with the lepers in our society because they will be the ones who have given up hope and therefore are open to receive the first outpouring of his Spirit. “

Dear brother Andrew, I welcome your comments. It is remarkable to see just how many hearts the Holy Spirit has put the exact same thoughts on. There are many similiar comments at this post https://scottishwarriors.wordpress.com/a-coming-reformation/
      Please check them out if you have not already. Yes, this new and last move is just at the door. God is good and He always remembers His Remnant people. He is preparing us……………..Frank

13. […] manifest presence in departing   Are you a Lonely Christian?   Surrounded by a wall of fire   The Remnants journey to the valley of Acacias   A Malachi Word to the Remnant   God will strike His Remnant people   The Gathering Storm   […]

14. The past days studying on this scripture and the words for this particular tree: teil (terebinth) and the oak brought me to this site “But yet in it shall be a tenth, and it shall return, and shall be eaten: as a teil tree, and as an oak, whose substance is in them, when they cast their leaves: so the holy seed shall be the substance thereof.”

These scriptures are being stirred up in our spirits to speak them out and bring His promises to pass.

Still studying out the trees because in walking, the Lord is teaching me from His creation the truth in His Spirit and Word.

15. […] And a bonus: The Latter Rain (The Remnants’ Journey to the Valley of Acacias) […]

16. Lee Glass said

OH MY GOODNESS! The Lord gave me a word about this in 1998 HE told me that there was a church within the church and that the church had to be torn down and the refuse would have to be swept away, but not under a rug where it would be piled up only to trip over and over again, but swept away and out of that rubble His remnant church would arise…. At that time He gave me that word I did not understand it, because I was under false teachings and it was at that time that I had begun to question things about what was being taught, but now it is for this time for myself that I do have the understanding…Praise God! HE is so good…I realize now that HE had begun woooooing me out way back then. When I would share those words with my husband …and I would get many …he would tell me to hush! Don’t tell anyone. Now I know why. I too began having dreams and they are very intense at times, I have more now than ever before…this word you posted in 2009 is so good…I am very excited and so happy and blessed…you responded and led me to this link because I really needed this today! Thanks again! Lee

17. Ashley said

I am so overwhelmed at the moment, I honestly don’t know what to say or where to start. My husband and I have been attending a church for 3 years now and have felt so wrong. At first everything seemed good, we were new Christians at the time and thought this was how church was, what did we know. But after reading God’s Word and searching for truth we feel like we need to get out of this church. We tried a new one with depressing results. It seems ever church is so focused on the wrong things. My husband even went to our lead pastor/”apostle” to talk to him about some of the issues and he basically told him that’s just how we do it here even though my husband had plenty of scripture references against the practices. It seems everyone is so worried out their coffee shops, small groups, signs and wonders, making everyone feel welcome in their sin, and all the pretty fanciful things. It seems they want to go to church and play church instead of be the church. We have been struggling to figure out the right thing to do so I have been fasting and seeking God. He has lead me to study the end times and a need for repentance and fasting for the nation as well as numerous other things. While reading Joel I came across the valley of acasias and did a search on it which lead me here. God is so good and we are so unworthy! Thankfully He is a mercifully gracious God, slow to anger. Thank you so much for your post and site, but mostly thank you for truly hearing what The Spirit is saying.

Hi Ashley. God bless you and your husband. You are not alone. God has a remnant and one of the most distinguishing marks is that they are lovers of the Truth. This is a gift from God. The Word of God is not broken. Men, of course, change with the shifting of the sands and the winds of culture, but the Word of God remains forever. All things must be measured by His word and come in line with it. This is your guide sister in an ever darkening world. It may not make you popular but clinging to the Word of God, standing upon it, allowing the Holy Spirit to open it up to you and being a light in the darkness and your guide, in this, you cannot go wrong. Ask the Lord to bring you into fellowship with other like minded believers and/or have a small meeting of your own. The Lord is surely at the door and the times ahead will be difficult but with God we shall stand…………….bro Frank

• KMH said

Praise God for you and your husband seeing eye to eye on this Ashley. Praise God for your strong husband willing to take a stand. Pray for at least one other couple to share with and gather in your homes for a study. If you have children, include them in your time together – do not always keep your study time separate from them so they can see your faith in action. God is looking at what we do with our lives the other 165 hours of our week so He can flow blessing through you. Most pastors are only concerned with making people comfortable for that bit on Sunday while the plate is being passed. They totally miss the blessing. SAD
        The American church is impotent. The enemy knows this and is having a field day right in the CHURCH!
        You got the blessing Ashley!