Christendom has become a Labyrinth

Posted by appolus on January 4, 2014

Christendom has become a labyrinth. The faith has been split into a thousand little parts and you are made a heretic if there is one of them you do not accept….What can help? Only the one thing needful; return to Christ, looking to Christ as the only Leader, and walking in His footsteps, setting aside all other ways until we reach that goal, and have come to the unity of the faith (Eph. 4:13). As the Heavenly Master built everything on the grounds of the Scriptures, so should we leave all particularities of our special confessions and be satisfied with the revealed Word of God which belongs to us all. With the Bible in our hand we should cry ; I believe what God has revealed in this Book ; I will obediently keep His commands ; I hope for that which He has promised . Christians, give ear! There is only one Life, but Death comes to us in a thousand forms. There is only one Truth, but Error has a thousand forms. There is only one Christ, but a thousand Anti-Christs…..So thou knowest, O Christendom, what is the one thing needful. Either thou turnest back to Christ or thou goest to destruction like the Anti-Christ. If thou art wise and wilt live, follow the Leader of Life. But you, Christians, rejoice in your being caught up…hear the Words of your Heavenly leader , “Come unto me,’…..Answer with one voice, ” We come! (The Voice of the Morning , 1660)

There has been an ancient battle which will soon unveil itself once again. There are the genuine saints and then there are the religious, the people of the world. In the Reformation, Luther made a fatal mistake. He rejected the notion of a church of “believers,’ in favor of the State church. The State church gave aid and false comfort to the general population at large. It lulled them into a false sense of security, in effect it said “peace, peace, where there was no peace.” The State church today is represented by a thousand denominational and non-denominational churches. In the average church in America for instance, almost half of every congregation is divorced, yet the hirelings remain silent. Materialism and worldliness is rampant, yet again, silence. This modern church model is based on the Catholic model where the power lies in the hands of the priest, which we now call the minister or the pastor. It is true that he does not claim to turn the bread into the body of Jesus or the wine into His blood, but none-the less, the power resides within the one man, who relies on the people to put food on his table.

When this structure is swept away, then the genuine priesthood of believers will arise. This sleeping body of people will awake and walk in their giftings. Now Satan has always violently opposed the genuine witness of the the Lord Jesus here on this earth, and he has typically used the religious man and woman to do it, this tactic will not change. What now simmers under the surface, resentment of the religious man toward those who have a genuine faith and walk in the holiness of the Lord, will come boiling and bubbling to the surface and Satan will seek a “final solution, for the “Christian problem.” Yet, as the enemy comes in like a flood, so the Lord will raise up a standard, He will pour His Spirit out upon His children and they will walk in a biblical power that the world has not seen for a long time. The Lord always enables those that He calls, He equips us for what He calls us to do. And all of this is surely at the door. What will be the catalyst for this change? Only the Lord knows……………….brother Frank

17 Responses to “Christendom has become a Labyrinth”

1. Robert Taylor said

Hello brother Frank…..WOW! “There is only one truth, but there is a thousand errors” You nailed it down exactly brother. That is not only the number one problem with the church, but it also applies to the entire world. The entire world, and most of the church is not walking in TRUTH. Can you imagine what would happen if the political system was operating in truth? Can you imagine what would happen if our educational instiutions were teaching truth to our children. And I can assure you precious brother, that if the church was walking in truth, all of us would be in one mind and one accord.
    The Scottish soup is wonderful brother Frank. I will elaborate more on that in an email. Blessings from Mexico brother.

Yes dear brother, if we only walked in truth! I am glad you liked the soup, a wee bit of Scotland deep in the heart of Mexico :) Ilove you brother and Iove what the Lord is doing through you in a dark spiritual country………………bro Frank

2. Powerful word from this brother. Thank you for sharing this brother Frank. As you said in your article the focus on one man or a few men above the rest is not God’s desire for it produces these thousand different ways, instead of all men looking to Christ firstly and then His servants are just helpers to reflect and point to the Lord Himself. Sadly not many but some one-man pastors are doing this right now. A time of change is coming.

Yes brother, I believe that there are many Godly men who exist in in the ancient practice of what has become known as the Church. Yet as always, we must let the Scriptures define for us what truth is and then make our way towards it. God bless you………….bro Frank

3. Lynn Saunders said

AMEN!

4. suez62 said

Amen Brother Frank, and I agree!!  About the pouring out of the spirit.  I am a little confused about that, maybe you can help.  I hear preachers saying that all the time, yet when I read in Amos is says:  Joe 2:28  And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: Joe 2:29  And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. Joe 2:30  And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. Joe 2:31  The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come. Joe 2:32  And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

OK, now if you read that whole chapter in Joel 2, a lot of really bad stuff is happening, then in verse Joe 2:28  And it shall come to pass afterward,  Ok, after what?  All that other terrible stuff it reads to me.  What do you think?  Thanks, Your sister in Christ, Sue

Hi Sue , let me see if I can shed some light on the pouring out of the Spirit in relation to bad things happening all around. When the Spirit came at Pentecost, He came in the shadow of Calvary. He was poured out upon a people who would suffer and die for Jesus. It gave them strength and power and boldness to witness to the world of Jesus. So, the greater the suffering, the greater the pouring out of God’s Spirit upon His people to enable them, to empower them to withstand the great tide of evil that comes rushing in on them threatening to drown them. God raises us up. We have seen this kind of power poured out upon God’s people all down through the centuries. He enables those whom He calls and no matter what they face He enables them to withstand and to stand in that evil day. We can expect to see a great rise of persecution before that day sister, and as the persecution increases and indeed Gods judgment is poured out upon the earth, the birth pangs as Jesus would put it, so then does His Spirit increase upon us. And then shall come the tribulation that is spoken of prior to the Lord coming back. We see something very similar in this Scripture sister Hab 2:14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea. This Scripture comes in the very midst of great judgment Sue. You see, God is glorified in His servants when they suffer for His sake. In the coming world wide persecution, which has never been seen before, then we see God’s glory cover the earth because all over the earth, his persecuted suffering remnant are glorifying Him as they fulfill their calling to be a witness/martyr which of course is the same word in the Greek. Does any of that make sense Sue? God bless you…………………bro Frank

• suez62 said

Yes, it makes scene to me. Because I know with a huge amount of his Spirit, we would never be able to stand. Many I have talked to think they can just be strong on their own. I don’t. I need the power of the Holy Ghost, I know that for sure, and that is what I pray for all of Gods people and those who will be his people!!! :) Sorry I haven’t been able to comment on any of these, I couldn’t get logged on. I only got your writings by email, and couldn’t reply…I think now I got it fixed, so prepare for me to be here a lot…LOL :)

5. Deborah said

This is so spot on. The religious are offended by the true sheep who know their Lord. Ishmael will always persecute Isaac, ie the child of the flesh will persecute the child of the promise. And I agree, it WILL happen again and is on the door step. Thanks for your powerful sharing.

6. Susanne Schuberth (Germany) said

Thank you for this entry, brother Frank. How wonderfully you have emphasized the importance of the Word of God and pointed to “the genuine priesthood of believers” which “will arise”. I even believe that “this sleeping body”, in parts at least, has already been awakened and set on FIRE…

Also, “[...] all men looking to Christ firstly and then His servants are just helpers to reflect and point to the Lord Himself. Sadly not many but some one-man pastors are doing this right now.” (Gospelfellowships)
    Excellent insights! It is true that several – not only a small number as one might think perhaps – one-man pastors are called by our Lord to prophesy in His name.
    So, don’t you wonder either if you soon see and hear famous Christian leaders rising up against the devilish kingdom of Satan in the spirit. Since, there is also an invisible “church” of those who left Christendom in order to serve Satan as his false prophets. And don’t you remain horror-stricken if the brother next to you turns out to be “the hellish minister” (wording taken from Chris Castaldo Blog, “Journeying into the New Year”/Comments.) (*)

“And I will spread my net over him, and he shall be taken in my snare. And I will bring him to Babylon, the land of the Chaldeans, yet he shall not see it, and he shall die there. And I will scatter toward every wind all who are around him, his helpers and all his troops, and I will unsheathe the sword after them. And they shall know that I am the Lord, when I disperse them among the nations and scatter them among the countries. ” (Ez 12:13-15)

May the Lord open our eyes to see His Bride, His Body, His true invisible church with its members. And may we never forget that our God shows NO partiality. Amen.

“Is a trumpet blown in a city, and the people are not afraid? Does disaster come to a city, unless the Lord has done it? For the Lord God does nothing without revealing his secret to his servants the prophets. The lion has roared; who will not fear? The Lord God has spoken; who can but prophesy?” (Amos 3:6-8 – ESV)

[I chose the last Scripture above because I was still inspired by Ava Anderson-Kemper's poem on "God Is Calling His Remnant Out of the Established Church". Thanks, Ava, for reminding us of the Lion of the tribe of Judah (Rev 5:5)].

—————————————————————————————————————-

(*) Dear brother Frank, I was trying to post a link to Chris’s blog on your site for the second time, yet it didn’t work once again. :roll: Any idea why? :

Hi sister, not sure what blog you are talking about, could you be more precise and I will check it out for you………….br Frank

• Susanne Schuberth (Germany) said

Thanks for replying and offering help, brother. :) And yep, exactly, “could you be more precise” – that’s the problem, indeed. I pointed to that blog in my comments here above (Chris Castaldo Blog, “Journeying into the New Year”) and there http://acalltotheremnant.com/2013/12/24/oh-child-of-god/ (Chris Castaldo, “What are you saying?”, Chris Castaldo Blog) BECAUSE as soon as I had tried to post those comments (including the URL) on your site, I saw that my comments had disappeared into nirvana. :shock:
        Due to the fact that I frequently post links to other WordPress.com sites, I have been wondering since yesterday whether it didn’t work because Chris Castaldo’s blog seems to me not being a WordPress.com site. Maybe, to give you the “whole” URL, I’ll put it in quotation marks and I’ll drop “www” in front of the first dot and “com after the second by simultaneously adding two gaps (see below), so that this comment would not turn into another open letter to outer-space. ;)

“[...].chriscastaldo.[...]/2014/01/01/journeying-into-the-new-year/”

7. W.E. Smith said

Thank you my dear brother. As usual you are spot on; there is so much really that must be shaken, just as with the temple in Jesus’ day.

Here is Brother Sparks -

*********************************

The words “once more” indicate the removing of what can be shaken – that is, created things – so that what cannot be shaken may remain. (Hebrews 12:27 NIV)

In the destruction of Jerusalem – toward which the Letter pointed – the whole earth was shaken so far as Jewry was concerned. The Temple, as the focal point of that whole world, crashed even with the ground. The priesthood, as gathered up in the high-priestly order, passed away. The temple service ended, and the nation ceased to be an integrated and unified people. These were things capable of being removed. And yet how long they had stood! What forces they had withstood! What confidence there was that they could never cease to be! How assured they were that God was so bound up with it all that it could never be destroyed and cease to be! How they fought and clung to it to the last terrible extremity! But it was of no avail. God was no longer wanting the framework and earthly system, which had taken so much room, and energy, and expenditure, before the really spiritual was reached. The percentage of spiritual value was so small after all, and spiritual interests lay so far along the labyrinthine ways of religious machinery and tradition, that it was not worthwhile. The means to the end was not immediate, that is, there was far too big a distance between the means and the end. There was no immediate touch with the real Divine requirement, and there was far too much that was intermediate. And so it had to go, and, rather than preserve it, God Himself shook it.

What remained after the shaking was just that, and that only, which was Christ in a spiritual and heavenly way: Christ in heaven, and here by His Spirit, the gathering point, or occasion of assembling; Christ in heaven the High Priest and Sacrifice; the order of God’s house here a purely spiritual and heavenly one – not formal, arranged, imposed, imitated, or material. Order grows out of life, and if that Life is Divine, and unchecked, Divine order will be spontaneous.

By T. Austin-Sparks from: Editor’s Letter, Nov-Dec 1952

This email is from the Austin-Sparks.Net Daily Open Windows message list. Open Windows messages have been selected from the works of T. Austin-Sparks. In some cases they appear in abridged form. The introductory verse and its associated Bible version have been selected by the website editors and did not always appear within the original message. We encourage you to forward, print and share this message with others. In keeping with T. Austin-Sparks’ wishes that what was freely received should be freely given and not sold for profit, and that his messages be reproduced word for word, we ask if you choose to share these messages with others, to please respect his wishes and offer them freely – free of any changes, free of any charge (except necessary distribution costs) and with this statement included.

***********************************

Now here is where I will tread on a few toes, but so be it. Modern evangelicals have made an idol of the Bible, of Paul, of doctrine, of church, of teaching. Where Jesus came to bring life and freedom, they bring only words, thoughts, principles, proof texts, intellectual exercises, rules, and bondage.

8. Susanne Schuberth (Germany) said

“One hundred religious persons knit into a unity by careful organization do not constitute a church any more than eleven dead men make a football team.”
    ― A.W. Tozer
    ;)

9. sharon williams said

Wisdom in these words. May the day of the Lord come quickly!