The Church on the Narrow path ( final part)

Posted by appolus on October 5, 2013

WE HAVE TO FACE OUR OWN GETHSEMANE

Dispensationalism is also the biggest proponent of the pre trib rapture so they could never accept what we are speaking of here without jettisoning their fundamental doctrines. And so, religious people, united under one god, led by the anti-christ and the false prophet and with the support of the world/state will ruthlessly and with an ancient spirit come against every saint across the planet. In every tribe and every tongue and every nation the saints of God, the remnant saints who refuse to bow down to this god will be persecuted and imprisoned and killed like lambs to the slaughter. Will this be our generation or a generation soon to come? No one knows, but it will, in relative terms, be soon.

The Bridegroom is coming soon for His Bride. It is time to ready ourselves for what is to come. There is much said about preparation in the Scriptures. And so we must prepare ourselves. The essence of preparedness can be seen and is highlighted at Gethsemane. This is where the battle of Calvary was truly won. Jesus fought the battle on His knees and by His obedience and willingness to embrace the will of His Father. This is where we too will prepare and will win the battle before it is even fought. It will be on our knees, and with an overwhelming desire to carry out the Lord’s will for our lives, even if it means actual martyrdom. We must be willing to embrace our God who could call us to martyrdom. We must be willing to embrace the cross and all that it means.

It is vital to remember that the wrath the Lord saved us from is the wrath of eternal damnation, not the wrath of men who will persecute us and kill us. Some modern-day Christians would have you believe that because Jesus suffered and died for us then we will not have to suffer and possibly die for Him. This is preposterous and is in direct violation of countless Scriptures. And not only that, we have nineteen centuries of our brothers and sisters, starting with the apostles, suffering, being persecuted and dying for the cause of Christ.

PERSECUTION IS COMING

Brothers and sisters, this upcoming time of persecution and end of ages is not something to be feared. Yes, in the natural it would be, but God’s saints do not operate in the natural. They know from experience that perfect love casts out all fear. They know that they have not been given a spirit of fear. They know that the Lord will never leave them nor forsake them. They know that even as the enemy comes in like a flood that God Himself will raise up a standard. Now what is a standard? A standard is a flag. A standard-bearer in times of war is a carrier of a flag and leads the way into battle. A flag denotes oneness and unity. Our flag, our standard, our unity is that we are one in Christ, united in His sufferings and sharers of His glory, the glory that was given to Him by His Father. This glory will only increase as the darkness increases. For even a small candle gives off a great light in total darkness, yet we do not have a small light burning in us brothers and sisters we have a mighty flame.

We have been baptized in the Holy Spirit and in fire. The same fire that lit up the desert night sky and led the children of Israel through the wilderness, also lights up and illuminates our path brothers and sisters, only now the fire is within us and we are the light of the world for Christ Himself dwells within us. Do not be afraid of things to come, do not be afraid of the gathering storm. Simply let your light so shine before men and keep your eyes on Jesus. This light that you have is part of the glorious light of eternity for it is the very light of Christ Himself that burns in us and outshines the sun. We have glimpsed eternity saints. We ” know,” something of it. We have tasted of the heavenly gifts. we have been partakers of the Holy Spirit, we have been ruined for the things of this world because of these glimpses.

KEEP YOUR EYES ON JESUS

Keep your eyes on Jesus and your mind on things eternal. This will allow you to praise the Lord your God in everything and give thanks. For because of your eternal mind-set you will know that nothing will separate you from the love of Jesus. Persecution cannot separate us, trials and tribulations cannot separate us, those who seek to kill us and death cannot separate us from the love of Jesus for we know that for His sake we are killed all the day long and that we are counted as sheep for the slaughter. We know this because we know Jesus and we know His word. Yet we also know that in all of those things we are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus because of His great love for us. And so brothers and sisters ” I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor powers,nor things present,nor things to come,nor heights nor depths, nor any other creature shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus.” Look forward saints, look upwards and cast your spiritual eyes into things eternal, to our resting place and you will overcome because he is your Lord and Savior Jesus and your eternal reward will be to dwell with Him. There is nothing in this world that is worth more than this.

7 Responses to “The Church on the Narrow path ( final part)”

1. Melsina said

II am so thankfull for The Call…. There are less than a handful of believers that I know or encounter face to face that are consecrated like we are here. As you all know in the US very few want to hear this message. Instead they continue to clamor for their ears to be tickled and their shepherds continue to obey the sheep over God. Thank you for the encouragement.

I wander how many of us their are ? I have always thought that a remnant is not like a bolt on fabric, but instead a small piece that remains. That has always stuck with me. I picture a small folded piece at the fabric store. Hardly enough to make a garment, but sufficient for God. Yes, the remnant will see persecution even unto death. But I keep before Jesus. And I also remember the account of Stephen. I think about all the ones in the Fox Book of Martyrs. At present I think about the brothers and sisters who hardly learn of Jesus, become saved and are martyred in the same week or month. Let us gird up ! Let us march into our spiritual warfare, let us tuck the word in those places of our being for the time of famine. Though we are spread out far we know we will meet soon in that glorious place at the feet of our Lord.

I have doing some study on the big differences in bible versions and how the word of God has been diluted and more so daily. I believe this has been a tool of the enemy who at the core of his rebellion has questioned thus says the Lord. I have been trying to spread the word because many who think they will be saved walk in error related to the “easy read” versions of the bible .
    May God’s joy and strength keep you, may you endure till the race is complete and may your light shine that others may be drawn while there is yet time…
    In Christ, Melsina

HI Melsina, that is indeed the definition of the word remnant. It’s a piece left over from a roll. Where i came from, poor people would buy remnants of carpets. There are many out there sister, many spread far and wide. If you go to gospelfellowships.net you will find a brother who is beginning to put together a map of contacts for brothers and sisters all over North America and the world………………..bro Frank

• Melsina said

Awesome Bro Frank I will be going there to see what that Bro is doing. It would be wonderful just to know someone is close by. But if not I know Father as close as my skin.

2. Melsina said

Question. Has anyone else been called to the mission field to CHURCHES ?

I currently reside in Alabama. This area is considered to be the bible belt of the country.  What I perceive is in great part they stood on deception and practiced the same. The erosion is evident still they cling to the buildings like lifesavers. Few youth are found and they complain they don’t see their parents living it out so why should they.

I am not churched type, have felt peculiar since I met Yashua and the Holy Spirit began to instruct me in the word of God. I have always felt set apart.

However, in the last 4 months I have been attending churches,  this one and that one with some regularity.  The mission field for me has been the buildings they call church.   Understand my brothers and sisters, I am lonely in a crowd of “believers” they speak a different language.  They congregants of long standing they own the churches. They tie the hands and tape the mouth of the shepherds that lead them. The churches are emptying out. Yet they insists on collecting for newer ones. They collect to keep theses large edifices going. Amazing to witness. The only ones with great attendance are the Mega/Rock/Entertainment places ( those are not the ones I am not called to yet)  it is a strange thing. I sit in the very front, I lead praise while the majority, I am told, sit motionless. I attend bible studies. I speak out when the word is misquoted and encourage the ministers to be OBEDIENT. The disease in the churches is blindness and worse wanting to continue to walk in blindness as the dim light has become familiar. I had begun to see change, have heard the word I have shared preached from the pulpits.
    In one minister/pastor I have begun to see greater change and now I have been stricken by some ailment that causes even my fingers to pain while I type. It takes my voice away while I speak. Has taken my means of income (a nurse), Weakens me to the point of using walker or wheelchair and the symptoms increase in intensity and new ones pop up. But I keep repeating myself in the face of the enemy…God has found me worthy to say …consider my servant Melsina. The enemy can’t take without God’s permission and I have submitted myself to God completely I am His to do as He allows for the glory of God. I count myself a servant and will do my Master’s bidding.
    My prayer has been that I could walk out my faith before others in the face of my adversity. That I might endure all the arrows and stings. If it is God’s will that they might name this thing that plagues me. That the doctors nurses and caregivers might treat me kindly and be merciful. I pray during this trial I may be a witness to many. I can be found on FB search my name and Toney AL.
    Be encouraged! Remember to encourage yourself and pray for yourself as you do for others! Halleluyah ! I count it all a joy ! To live is Christ to die is gain (those words are embedded in my being ) I don’t remember feeling so bad in my flesh and so happy in the spirit! Halleluyah!

I could see someone being called to the mission field which is much of what passes for Christianity today. God bless you sister as you walk out your faith…………….bro Frank

3. W.E. Smith said

The Signs of the Times and the End of the Age

3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all[a] these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences,[b] and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. (Matt 24)

No less than four times in this brief passages does the Lord intimate that “many” will be deceived and that their love will grow cold, that they will be offended by Him and betray one another. Take heed, He says therefore – that NO ONE DECEIVES YOU!

So where does this leave the few, the remnant, those that are not part of the many (and I am sure you realize this many is not referring to the world, but to those like the lawyers, herodians, pharisees, and sadducees among the Jews who considered themselves the Lord’s people.

Is it very likely that those of your own family or church will betray you? Yes it is for they may well be among the many who are deceived and offended. And what is the one thing that offends so many regarding our Lord? His virgin birth? His claim to divinity? His miracles? His love of the poor? No and no and again no.

IT IS HIS CROSS AND MESSAGE THAT ALL WHO WOULD FOLLOW HIM MUST TAKE THIS UPON THEMSELVES – DIE TO THIS WORLD AND TO ALL OF ITS CLAIMS AND PRIDE!

The many will be those wondering through these dark and terrible days why they are still here. Why they were not surreptitiously snatched away to heaven before the rain and thunder started. There leaders will have an explanation no doubt to appease them, but the few will no better, and they will be hated for it.

Dear ones – over and over it is taught that the point about the gospel of the kingdom going to all the world as a witness is a grand thing. Is it really? My sense is that this witness will be one unto judgement. Those doing the witnessing, probably the Two Witness of Revelation – will also have a little fire in their pockets to accompany this witness. They will witness to God’s hot displeasure among other things. They will be not be going meekly door to door with pamphlets to hand out. Their will be an “or less” element to their message. The demons will be scattering when they enter the room. All hell will be aligned against them. They have lost it all to gain their Lord, to share in His life, they have given up eye, limb, friends, family, a place int his world, security – everything to gain Him.

So the question to all of us is this – will we be marked out as one of the many or the few?